Used 2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Seats
By tory

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this vehicle. I have had 2 other Honda's a 2003 Pilot and a 2006 Odyssey. I loved both of them and the seats. This new pilot has the worst seats, I can actually feel the wire in the back that is for the seat heater. I contacted Honda and they said to go look at another Honda Pilot 2009 and see if it had the same thing or if this was a defect. I did and I could also feel the wire. Has anyone else had this problem?

Seats that do not have wires that you can feel. Glove box is too small.

A BIG Upgrade
By Piloteer

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd (and best) Pilot. It's basically a luxury car (feel and look) on the inside and a truck on the outside. I took mine fully loaded with four adults and gear on a 700-mile round trip and got 22mpg, primarily due to the variable cylinder management. The added dash displays make the driver smarter and more cognizant of maximizing opportunities. I'm very satisfied with this vehicle all around and recommend it highly. It's a buyer's market and mine (fully loaded with crossbars, all-weather mats, side steps, wood trim interior, appearance package) out the door with all taxes, tags, delivery, prep, etc. was under $35,000. Leverage your buying power and get one for yourself!

Additional hands-free dashboard information, smoother ride, quieter cabin.

Would like to see a hybrid option and larger wheels in the near future.

The SUV for car lovers
By YJHB

If I could give Honda/Acura a "20" in reliability, I would. My 06 Acura TL was feeling cramped with 2 car seats lodged in the back. We looked first at bigger cars, then sat in the back of a Honda Pilot and looked around. The thing has a LOT of family friendly amenities, and the rear temperature control is superb; it heats up quickly and stays at the set temperature. Driving it was a pleasant surprise to me, a gearhead car devotee. In short, it feels tight and light; body roll feels minimal, and it brakes and corners competently under moderate usage. It's the most car-like SUV I've ever driven. Acceleration is leisurely compared with my fast TL, but the kids are oh-so-much happier. TY HONDA!

Eight comfortable to sit in and easy to get in seats. Although its large on the inside, it heats up quickly (I haven't had it long enough to know how quickly it cools down). Love the plentiful cup holders. You mash a button, and the tailgate opens - alternatively, you can also pop the rear glass.

Come on, Honda - $40,000+ sticker on the top of the line Pilot, and you can't see clear to spring for the currently optional, nicer chromed grill to make it stand out???

Great Family Vehicle
By Honda4Me

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since purchasing this SUV I've been more than pleased. It makes driving fun again. It's roomy but sleek on the inside. I've found that it has plenty of power for everyday driving and I've averaged 20 MPG so far (both city & HWY). After driving domestic cars my whole life I can now see why they are in so much trouble. The Honda Pilot is best in its class in my opinion.

Backup camera, real plug, iPod adapter and just the way it drives.

Make an easier pass through to the third row seat.

Love it!
By Glen

We love our pilot. It's strong, comfy and fun to drive.

Rear camera, free hand link, sensors, space, open the back door with the key.