2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews 19

2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Poor built quality
By bb on 07/08/08 01:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe because this is the first year for this updated model, but I noticed a lot of small fit and finish problems. Didn't expect this from Honda.

Simply amazing
By jedigiff on 07/07/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda has hit a home run with this. Don’t bother with an Acura MDX, save $10K and get the Honda Pilot with the same features. Ride is powerful and smooth, handles like a luxury vehicle, can carry a ton. Gets decent MPG for an SUV this size. We have the 4x4 and are averaging 18 driving in mostly mountain roads, only 2 mpg less than our Honda Odyssey. Doubt you can improve MPG without decreasing the power, maybe Honda can come up with a hybrid model someday like the Highlander? Couldn’t be happier though. We are military, family of 4, and have many moves left in our career, we need the space and ability to tow a trailer. Buy one – and enjoy. Great job again Honda.

Don't buy any other SUV
By PAUL on 07/05/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was going to wait until i had owned my Pilot a month before writing my review - but in this case - why wait! This may well be the best Vehicle (SUV) on the Planet - i traded my 2005 Odyssey (which was the best Mini Van in the world) - loved that one. I expect my Pilot will exceed even that experience. the look, ride, quality, quietness in the cabin, are all superior.

Honda Surprise
By hwccsuburbs on 06/29/08 07:08 AM (PDT)

There are a lot of negative comments about this car. We LOVE IT. It feels like a truck when you sit in it. It seats 8 COMFORTABLY. It drives so quiet and so smooth. The toys are great. The sound is amazing. We gave it a test drive to dismiss it and drove it off the lot!

More than expected
By rick dachille on 06/29/08 04:32 AM (PDT)

It was worth the wait. There is no vehicle that can match this, or even comes close

Very happy
By Claudia on 06/26/08 11:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The lease on our 05 Pilot was up and we were so happy with it we decided to stay with the Pilot. I had seen the 09 Pilot prototype and although there has been criticism about the outside styling I LOVE the way it looks. It feels like a tough truck, but drives like a car and has plenty of room for all of us. We got the 4x4 touring with Navi and love all the features. I have friends that spend more for a vehicle to get a "name" and have less comfort and features.

So far, so good
By Brent on 06/20/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

We have owned the vehicle for three weeks. If it wasn't totally irresponsible I would buy another one. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive. Honda did a nice job addressing road noise issues and giving the vehicle a luxury feel without loosing its utility personality.

Love my new Pilot
By Eve on 06/16/08 07:02 AM (PDT)

After looking at the 2008 Pilot, Highlander, CRX-9, Santa Fe (any and all 3 row seat SUVs in the market to be honest) we decided to wait for the 2009 Pilot. It was so worth it! It has everything that we were looking for and more. We got the Touring with NAV and RES (more bang for our bucks) and LOVE all the features and xtra space it gives us. We need the space for family and camping trips, etc. The ride is really smooth and quite. I really feel we are safe in it (tons of safety features). So far it has been the best car that we have ever owned! If you are looking at this type of SUV you have to look at the 2009 Pilot, you won't consider any other car after this one.

Me so happy
By Mary M on 06/14/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

had been SUV shopping for 3+ months. I was so close to the Acadia...or the CX9...but just didn't like the eggs-why do all the SUVs have the same shape? It cuts down on visibility and limits the access to cargo. I also wanted the window in the hatch to open individually. No other vehicle had this option. I had a minivan and really considered myself a SUV kinda girl. When I saw the new redesign for the Pilot, I got excited and decided to wait until it came out before purchasing the other eggs. Drove it, got it, and love it, love it, love it! Handling is so responsive. Just driving it today and noticing how easy it is to maneuver. Much better than the van (urrgh!) and the other eggs.

Initial impressions favorable
By VincentView on 06/13/08 20:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice styling improvements from 2008 model. So far seems to be very well built and drives very well. Also seems to be a good value for the money. In my opinion handles better and contains better electronics than my 2007 BWM X3 and is about 10 grand cheaper !