Used 2009 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Best Honda I have ever owned!!!
By Hondalover

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 4th Pilot I have owned and it is by far the best one yet!! I can't believe all of the extra features on the 09 model. The ride and drive is awesome. I love the automatic back hatch. The bluetooth is great once you have it set up. It is very roomy and comfortable. The navigation system and backup camera are much bigger and clearer. You will not find a car with more features and comfort for the price.

Navigation system, bluetooth system, automatic back hatch, Ipod and backup sensors.

Gas mileage - but what do you expect from a SUV.

Functional Delight
By Mick

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda after owning a '90 Accord LX that I've long touted as the best vehicle I've ever owned. It was an easy choice after shopping the Toyota 4Runner that didn't have the interior space or standard 3rd row seating and the Nissan Pathfinder that lacked interior refinement and the confusing array of packages that came standard with my EX-L. Honda has definitely put a lot of thought into this vehicle. It has been a thrill learning all the things this vehicle is capable of and with all the interior space it keeps my two boys separated and comfortable on long excursions.

Rear view camera, XM Radio, Opening rear hatch glass, Detachable rear remote, and auto up/down front windows.

Better fuel economy and maybe mirror turn signals on the EX models.

Best in class SUV Hands Down for the $$$
By Wes

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle close to 3 months now and I love it!!! I test drove the Mazda CX-9, Toyota Highlander, and the Pilot. The Pilot blew away the competition in the areas of ride quality, ease and accessibility, to the 2nd and 3rd row seats, well thought out storage. This Touring model has everything you would need. I love the instrumentation cluster, the integrated IPOD capability, heated seats, NAV. It's actually pretty easy to park this big rig because of the parking sensors and slick rear camera. My daughter enjoys the DVD rear entertainment system with wireless headphones. The 3 zone Climate control is great. Voice command, Hands free link, bluetooth are a dream come true

Great looking instrumentation cluster, Storage throughout the vehicle, Integrated IPOD connectivity, heated seats, NAV, bluetooth, hands free link, voice commands, great controls on the steering wheel. Smooth ride. A breeze to flip down 2nd and 3rd row seats. Auto angle down mirrors on reverse.

Not much - this truck is SOLID with a CAPITAL S!!!! - Add Blind spot detection for the outside mirrors with audible and visual alerts and it would be purrrrrrfect!!!

Bluetooth phone not very good
By Nancy

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Pilot since Sept 08. It is my 5th new Honda but my first SUV ever. I was a little unsure if I'd like a larger vehicle, but I really like driving the Pilot. Being higher makes it much easier to see, plus I feel safer on the road. I love everything about my Pilot EXCEPT I was really looking forward to the hands- free Bluetooth phone integrated into the navigation/stereo system. I am very disappointed in its performance. The quality of the phone call on the other end is bad...I always have people telling me they can't hear me very well at all - they say I sound like I'm in a cave. Other than that negative, and the gas mileage which I don't love, I really like my Pilot!

Comfort, safety, the XM. I also really like having the gearshift on the dashboard - it opens up the center console nicely!

Something needs to be done about the Bluetooth hands free in order to bring it up to the quality that the rest of the vehicle has. It is most definitely sub-par.

Our first Honda
By Mike L

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought our Pilot in October & have 11000 miles on it already & love it. It hasn't even had a squeak! Just returned from a 4850 mi trip from the Midwest to CA & return & ave 20.5mpg on Interstate, mountain & city driving while having the cargo area quite full, very pleased with that. Wish it had another 35HP in the mountains. Found the Nav MUCH easier to use than the 2005 Sienna we traded.

Radio & Nav very easy to use. Second & 3rd row seats fold very easily. On long trips, driver's seat is very comfortable. Normally with a sun roof I don't get enough headroom, but on the Pilot I do

Front cup holders poorly placed, they swallow up a 16oz cup & make it difficult to retrieve. Make memory seats go all the way back when key is removed. Make accessory outlet HOT all the time, not just when key is on. When interior lite is left on battery dies, need to fix this. 35extra HP for passing.