2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Excellent Choice
By travelgirl on 07/27/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at every Mid-size SUV on the market and the 2009 Honda Pilot was at the bottom of our list. My husband test drove it first and said I should really check this car out and I am so glad I did. It is beautiful inside and out, fun to drive, easy to park, great stereo, kids love it, and it has every bell and whistle you can think of. I am extremely pleased with the new Pilot. Who needs a mini van when there is an SUV like this on the market?

Great SUV, but questionable gas mileage.
By BONES on 07/27/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For the most part this vehicle is awesome. Some people have had an issue with the exterior, but I have had nothing but compliments on its looks. It's one tough truck for sure. The handling is excellent. Although, it took some getting used to the transmission that slows you down when you take your foot off the accelerator. The turning radius is unbelievable. The only thing troubling me right now is the gas mileage. I went from a 4-runner with a V8 to the Pilot thinking I would get better mpg with a 6cyl. So far thats not the case. I primarily drive in stop and go traffic. I am only getting about 13 mpg. I do run the A/C constantly, so that may have something to do with it. Otherwise, I love it.

Love my pilot
By Jeanne on 07/26/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my pilot 3 weeks ago. It is so fun to drive and very comfortable. You can't beat a Honda. The turn radius is exceptional. Love the back up camera.

powerful truck at cost of fuel economy
By dr. cookie on 07/26/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

I just traded in my 2003 Pilot with 90,000 mile on it still going strong. I just wish the new pilot had similar if not same mileage per tank as old model. I was able to get close to 350 miles per tank (which was smaller) where as I only got 250 or less with new one (bigger tank). I do notice the new one drives more like a truck with more power. I have to agree with one of the review about the sloppy finished interior (under the driver seat has metal parts sticking out beyond the carpet). Overall, I do love my new Pilot and my kids love the XM radio and navigation. Not crazy about the bells and whistle but nice to have for those who might appreciated it. I still am glad I got the car.

Finally decided on the Best SUV
By SamanthaFox on 07/21/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2009 Honda Pilot is the best SUV I have every driven. I have owned the 2004 Pilot that was reliable, spacious but unappealing; I have owned a Sequoia that was too big and a gas guzzler; I have also owned a Jeep Cherokee that dragged during take off, had poor gas mileage and horrible interior. I have found the SUV that I will drive for a long time. Thanks Honda for the new design. I love it; love driving it; and because I like the vehicle so much, I can, almost, better deal with going to the pump to pay for unnecessarily high priced gas.

Very Impressed!
By ejernest on 07/21/08 13:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 15 years of mini vans, we finally have a ride I love to drive. We traded in our 06 Odyssey Touring. We test drove pretty much everything in this class with AWD and third row seating. We could not find another SUV in this price range that rode as nice with as much room. We also drove the 08 Pilot and there really was no comparison. The interior design improvements over the 08 probably sold us more than anything else. The additional room is what sold my wife, plus the driving comfort. I never wanted to drive her mini vans but she has trouble keeping me out of “her” new Pilot. At 6’1”, I’m able to sit in the third row seat comfortably. After 500 miles, we're very happy and impressed.

Fun to drive!
By shariq on 07/15/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

WE have looked few other crossover & SUVs AND have bought this. NOT a bad decision..

Outstanding!
By GONZO on 07/14/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking for the ideal SUV and trying the Acadia, Enclave, Highlander and the Outlook we end up with the '09 Pilot. And I am glad I did purchase this SUV. It rides great and it is so roomy inside. Other vehicles had better gas mileage and maybe a little more room in the trunk with 3rd row up, but the leg room for 3rd row was not as good as the Pilot. Also Honda has a better money returned for the vehicle than others. After all my wife and I are very happy with this vehicle.

2009 Honda Pilot: A Great SUV
By Trish on 07/14/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love everything about my new Honda Pilot. It is fun to drive and is a great car for families. It is very spacious inside, including the third row.

Poor built quality
By bb on 07/08/08 01:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe because this is the first year for this updated model, but I noticed a lot of small fit and finish problems. Didn't expect this from Honda.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$134 per month*