2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
A thousand times better...
By rowdee on 09/20/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV 4WD w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I had my 08 4WD EXL w/Nav Pilot at the dealership, I made the mistake of looking at the 09. Most expensive dealer service I've ever had because I bought an 09 4WD Touring w/Nav and RES a week later. I liked my 08 and it was serviceable, but I didn't love it. Everything I would have changed about the 08, Honda changed for 09. The joystick Nav system is so much better than the touchscreen. I LOVE THIS CAR, and it's a Honda. This is my 4th Honda. Can't beat their reliability.

Design Defect of Front Springs
By Ed C. on 09/16/08 23:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The steering on my brand new 2009 2WD Pilot was pulling to the right the first day off the lot. At first, I thought it was the road, but the pull was consistent on all road surfaces. After calling the dealer, I discovered that Honda did not redesign the springs for the all-new 2009 Pilot, and as a result, the alignment problems are becoming prevalent. Here's the problem: the 2009 models have more weight distribution in the front compared to 2008 models, and heavier springs should have been used. The dealer indicated they needed Honda approval to fix the problem. The fix consists of replacing the right front spring with a rear spring from a 2009 4WD model.

So far so good
By Johnny on 09/14/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Was looking at the Highlander and was totally surprised by the great deal Honda was offering on these. Very comfortable and I love the room and cargo configurations. Cabin is slick. Heating controls are kind of an odd design, but you get used to it. I think the Highlander ride was smoother and more car like, but the Pilot takes bumps well enough. Very versatile. Road trips, tailgating, cargo hauling, towing (included!). Its great for just about anything. MPG is about as advertised, not great. So far so good. I'm very happy with my choice.

Great Buy
By Walkers on 09/14/08 14:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Honda Pilot last week and so far we love it. The interior design is wonderful and there is plenty of room. The new exterior looks great. The quality of the leather and plastic are nice. So far we are averaging 17.3 miles, but we have only driven 200 miles and I am sure after the break in period our average should improve.

Vinyl Seats?
By Tuck on 09/13/08 13:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We compared to the other suvs this was clearly the best value and performance has been excellent. However, we strongly advise a longer than 30 minute test drive. At about 15 minute your back will start sweating. I had leather seats in every car since 1980, and never have we sweat so much! I cringe at the thought of driving anywhere over 20 minutes. Add to the cost of reupholstering and the value drops significantly.

Great 2nd Pilot
By Mots on 09/10/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

Just traded my 2005 Pilot for 2009 Touring with Nav and DVD. Looked at MDX, RX350, X5, CX-9, and Murano. This is much better than the others.

I made the right choice!
By Anne S. on 09/10/08 07:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I know I made the right choice the minute I sat in the Pilot. I loved the new design and all the features it has to offer - all included as standard (depending on the model you choose). It has an amazing amount of room, smooth ride, and lots of storage. Compared it to the Highlander and the Acura MDX and know I made the right choice!! Go for it. You won't be sorry!

Blessed and Beautiful
By Delta 6 on 09/05/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This new vehicle is so exciting to drive and to ride in. Comfort and safety are hallmarks. One feels so secure in traveling in this truck. Being a truck, one feels confident to be able to haul heavy without loosing control due to overweight. I could not have purchased a better vehicle.

Great SUV
By Greg on 09/02/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I debated between purchasing a Highlander and the Pilot and I am glad I chose the Pilot. The Pilot comes standard with a trailer hitch and a comparably equipped Highlander is about $3-$4K more and Toyota charges $600 over and above for a hitch. The Pilot is smooth in it's acceleration and ride. The interior design is extremely well thought out and has tons of storage. The new design is much beefier/heavier/more masculine looking, which I love. You get a lot of great features for your money with this vehicle.

Long time Honda owner - first Pilot mode
By Peter A on 08/29/08 14:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like my past Accords, everything is where it should be and makes sense. I trade an Acura MDX and the Pilot is every bit as comfortable and well appointed. Only disappointment was having to live with Good Year tires and not Michelins. Looking forward to many years of enjoyable driving and hauling. Total deal consumed around 5 hours from beginning to delivery - it should be far shorter but that is the car business.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*