2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love My Pilot
By Ginnie on 08/04/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my Pilot now for 1 months now and I don't have any complaints. It is a comfortable, roomy vehicle and I feel safe driving it.

Happy Pilot Owner
By amypf on 06/24/09 08:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Pilot for about a month now and I love it more every time I put it in drive. It is really smooth and comfortable. I love the the ipod control through the radio, bluetooth capability and great turning radius. For me it is the perfect size. I often drive with 7 passengers (+13 year olds) and it holds them perfectly. I had read previous reviews complaining about the glove box, now I understand - even the manual doesn't fit in it. It's only good for McDonalds napkins.

Better SUV in the market
By Hoka-ORL on 06/03/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This new Pilot not only looks great but it performs great too! We test drove other SUVs but the Pilot not only captured us with its looks but now that we have own the car for a month, we can say the performance is excellent too. Fuel economy for having the shut-off piston system is a bit disappointing but nevertheless, it is on par with the competition. We purchased the Touring w/nav and we couldn't be happier. Some say the road noise is a problem, but we did not find it to be that bad. I also read that the engine does not provide as much power but I actually think it has adequate power (unless you intend to pull a boat or something like that). Overall very satisfied and highly recommend it.

Love my 2009 Pilot
By ginnie on 05/17/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We seriously considered several vehicles for 1-1/2 years before we made our purchase - the Highlander, Forerunner, Acadia, Enclave and the Outlook. Our main concern was a safe and comfortable vehicle to travel long distances and that got reasonable gas mileage for an SUV. The touring model ended up being our pick due to the Michelin tires. The sales people we encountered at all of the dealerships were not knowledgeable about the fact that there is a difference in the tires on the Touring and the EX and LX models. The Michelin tire on the Touring gave us a much quieter ride.

Best Honda I have ever owned!!!
By Hondalover on 04/15/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 4th Pilot I have owned and it is by far the best one yet!! I can't believe all of the extra features on the 09 model. The ride and drive is awesome. I love the automatic back hatch. The bluetooth is great once you have it set up. It is very roomy and comfortable. The navigation system and backup camera are much bigger and clearer. You will not find a car with more features and comfort for the price.

Amazing
By Joe on 01/27/09 06:18 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 58 years old and have had numerous vehicles, cars and pick-ups; the Pilot is the one vehicle I have truly enjoyed. Before I bought the Pilot I researched the Edge; Flex; the Honda CRV and a couple of others, finally cutting my choices down to the above 3 vehicles. I researched the vehicles on line and then went to a few dealerships, stopping at a Honda dealer last to check out the CRV. On the floor was the Pilot, it had the room I wanted and a nav unit which I felt was a must, one test ride and I was hooked. By controlling my speed I average right at 24 MPG highway driving which for all the size and comfort is acceptable

Excessive Road Noise
By Noisy on 11/27/08 16:26 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really like the 09 Pilot with the exception of the excessive road/tire noise at highway speeds. A vehicle in this price range should be reasonably quiet - this vehicle is not! The noise has become a real issue with my wife and me to the point that we may have to get rid of the vehicle, which is too bad, as I think it would be a great car it not for the noise

WhoooHoooo I love it!
By Bonnie on 08/11/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda Pilot, I liked my 2005 even though I thought the styling was blah. I get all the equipment I can get on my vehicles and the only thing I left off this one was the rear entertainment and AWD, neither of which I need or want. This Pilot is fantastic...I'm getting 20 mpg in town and 26 on the highway (I'm a grandmother that doesn't "hot-rod"). It's luxurious and that's what I was looking for. I do agree that the glove compartment is stingy with room, but it's a minor flaw. The Navi drives me nuts, but I'll get used to it. Can't learn to trust the back-up camera, still need to look first. Thanks Honda, you did it again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$128 per month*