Used 2009 Honda Pilot Touring SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Love My Pilot
By Ginnie

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my Pilot now for 1 months now and I don't have any complaints. It is a comfortable, roomy vehicle and I feel safe driving it.

Power driver and passenger's seats, seat warmers, hands free phone link, driver 1 and 2 seat preferences and comfort of seats.

Water drips inside when door is opened or window is let down after rain.

Happy Pilot Owner
By amypf

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Pilot for about a month now and I love it more every time I put it in drive. It is really smooth and comfortable. I love the the ipod control through the radio, bluetooth capability and great turning radius. For me it is the perfect size. I often drive with 7 passengers (+13 year olds) and it holds them perfectly. I had read previous reviews complaining about the glove box, now I understand - even the manual doesn't fit in it. It's only good for McDonalds napkins.

Ipod connectivity, bluetooth, power liftgate (who knew), auto A/C - perfect control over fan speed.

More control over power seat (not short people friendly), add incoming caller ID on bluetooth, improve MPG, close up silly shelf on dash and add space to glove box, lose window shade on rear doors.

Better SUV in the market
By Hoka-ORL

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This new Pilot not only looks great but it performs great too! We test drove other SUVs but the Pilot not only captured us with its looks but now that we have own the car for a month, we can say the performance is excellent too. Fuel economy for having the shut-off piston system is a bit disappointing but nevertheless, it is on par with the competition. We purchased the Touring w/nav and we couldn't be happier. Some say the road noise is a problem, but we did not find it to be that bad. I also read that the engine does not provide as much power but I actually think it has adequate power (unless you intend to pull a boat or something like that). Overall very satisfied and highly recommend it.

Nav. System, Looks, Large Mirrors with blinkers, XM Radio, Memory Seats, 3rd row seat, Reclining 2 row seat, storage compartment in the trunk area, and on and on...

Gas mileage. It would be awesome if this car could actually average in the 20s. Right now it stays in the 16-18 in the city.

Love my 2009 Pilot
By ginnie

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We seriously considered several vehicles for 1-1/2 years before we made our purchase - the Highlander, Forerunner, Acadia, Enclave and the Outlook. Our main concern was a safe and comfortable vehicle to travel long distances and that got reasonable gas mileage for an SUV. The touring model ended up being our pick due to the Michelin tires. The sales people we encountered at all of the dealerships were not knowledgeable about the fact that there is a difference in the tires on the Touring and the EX and LX models. The Michelin tire on the Touring gave us a much quieter ride.

Love the navigation system which we didn't think we'd use. Also have enjoyed the comfort of the leather seats, hands free link, dual driver seat position recall and XM radio. We purchase new vehicles every 13-14 years and this is the first that has had all the bells and whistles so it's been fun.

None so far.

Best Honda I have ever owned!!!
By Hondalover

2009 Honda Pilot SUV Touring 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 4th Pilot I have owned and it is by far the best one yet!! I can't believe all of the extra features on the 09 model. The ride and drive is awesome. I love the automatic back hatch. The bluetooth is great once you have it set up. It is very roomy and comfortable. The navigation system and backup camera are much bigger and clearer. You will not find a car with more features and comfort for the price.

Navigation system, bluetooth system, automatic back hatch, Ipod and backup sensors.

Gas mileage - but what do you expect from a SUV.