Used 2009 Honda Pilot EX-L SUV Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

pleased
By pleased

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked @ Saturn Outlook, NIssan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia,and Buick Enclave. I was pleased with all of them but I wanted a vehicle that had great resale value, safe,good gas mileage and is known for longevity. I did research between all of them compared features I wanted and did not. Everytime I thought I wanted another brand I was back @ the Pilot. It is very comfortable and It fitted me well. I took my Pilot to the mountains and was averaging around 30-32 miles per gallon. I truly recommend this vehicle.

radio, leather seats, gas mileage,comfort

bigger glove box, offer bose sound system or harmon Kardon, offer black leather with all exterior colors

Too truck-like
By Louielouie

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just returned from a 3500 mile trip. At real world Interstate speeds (75-76 mph) I was able to squeeze out 21.5 mpg. A bit low but this is a big box! Suspension is a bit too stiff and with a truck type tire and stiffer steering than our previous two vehicles ('07 Pacifica & '02 Highlander) you never feel like you're 'part of the vehicle'. Bucket seats are firm but comfortable. Plenty of cubby holes and storage compartments but interior trim materials are hard to the touch and unattractive. Sound system is just 'OK'. '02 Highlander sound system has better features. Glad we leased. Engine Mgmt. system works well. No discernible sensation when system shuts down or turns on cylinders.

Storage space. Front seats.

Better grade of interior finishes. Rear camera image difficult to view in bright sunlight. Radar sensor back-up system more useful.

Verry happy
By happy

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked around very hard before buying our Pilot and we believe that we got the best for our money. Sure there are other SUV that are better in some areas but the Pilot got our vote because overall it had the most for the money. It stops very fast if you are driving at high speed. It rides smooth compare to others. It is roomier than others and it carries a lot more than what the brochure says, trust me we have tried. Fuel consumption is better than what the brochure says. It does get 25mpg on the highway and fully loaded with 5 people it still gets 24mpg. We just love it.

3rd row seat has a lots of room. Rearview camera and the ability to pull our 20 foot boat without a problem. By the way that gas mileage is still 17mpg.

Better front look.

Good, Bad, Ugly
By hondafan

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good - Honda Ride, Functionality, lot of space. Went on a 1000 mi trip on Jul 4th weekend. Loved the ride. Drives like Honda civic. Price - Lot of good deals around. Bad - Interior & Exterior Gaps. Wind noise on highway is a bit high (typical Honda product) Ugly- Cheap interior plastic material, & rear carpet. The plastic around the key area getting lot of scratches already.

Average MPG & ECON indicators (It's like playing a video game to get good MPG while driving). Seats and lot of space. Clear Gauges.

Interior Quality. Design looks good but quality and durability need to be improved a lot. 30K+ price and just basic head lights?

Couldn't be happier!!!!!
By Rob Lo

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We considered the Highlander and Murano, but after we drove the Pilot is was over! This vehicle just oozes quality. The minute I sat in the Honda you could see how much better and thought out the interior was compared to the competition. Also the dealership was far above Nissan and Toyota when it came to friendly and professional service. We bought the Black cherry w/ Black leather and the vehicle is just beautiful!!! It does pull to the right slightly so I'll be taking it back to get fixed. No big deal.

The back up camera is crystal clear. The stereo is amazing!!!! The gauges are cool looking I guess you either love'em or hate'em. Third seat has much better leg room than competition. Very comfortable ride. Smooth as silk V6.

Seat heaters don't get that hot even on high? A/C controls are a bit busy.