2009 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Road Noise and pulling to the right
By Fred Raven on 06/26/10 05:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have found the solution to the road noise and the problem with the SUV pulling to the right on our.The original tires were Goodyear and after changing them out to the Michelin Latitude tire the problem is now solved. Honda needs to think about replacing the Goodyear tire for the Michelin. It now drives like a charm!

Pulls to the Right
By Terencio Hongco on 05/04/10 01:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My only problem with this vehicle is it pulls to the right when you're not holding the steering wheel. The dealership already made wheel alignment twice to no avail. Also,the material they used for the interior scratches easily - cheap plastic. But over all this is a nice and reliable vehicle so far.

Happy with Pilot
By weeboo on 08/11/09 11:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've been happy with our Pilot. We're hooked on the XM radio, love the dual zone climate controls and are very impressed with the overall room of the interior. We were looking forward to having the class 3 trailer hitch, but were sorely disappointed with the fact that just the Honda trailer wire harness is $181 dollars for a 2 foot harness under the bumper(?!). Even more disappointed that the connector under the bumper is a goofy connector that NOBODY carries yet. Happy over all though. We'll just wait to buy a harness from someone not trying to rip off a customer for an overpriced set of wires. Happy with the handling, but our Pilot pulls to the right on level ground at constant speed

New but loving it.
By MK on 06/06/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took receipt of the vehicle and took it on a 3000 mile vacation drive. Although new it drove great and averaged between 22.8 and 24.4 mpg for the trip. No problems at all. Very comfortable.

Pulls to the right!!!!
By Troy on 05/16/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Pilot also pulls heavily to the right!!! This is very disappointing since it otherwise would be a great car.

Great SUV!!!
By Suzz1234 on 05/03/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am thrilled with my Pilot. I traded in my BMW X3 and I don't regret the decision for a second. I enjoyed the BMW driving experience but for twenty thousand dollars less, I have a roomy, comfortable, nice to drive SUV. Everyone in the family is able to ride in comfort. This is my second Honda (1987 CRX) and I expect this one to be as reliable as the first.

2009 Honda Pilot
By Sydney on 01/15/09 23:15 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV after doing a lot of research and I love the fact that the engine converts down to 3 cyl. when not going faster. I had a 2004 Jeep Liberty before and the Honda Pilot drives so much better. It is very comfortable to drive in and ride in. I love it!!!

Finally decided on the Best SUV
By SamanthaFox on 07/21/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2009 Honda Pilot is the best SUV I have every driven. I have owned the 2004 Pilot that was reliable, spacious but unappealing; I have owned a Sequoia that was too big and a gas guzzler; I have also owned a Jeep Cherokee that dragged during take off, had poor gas mileage and horrible interior. I have found the SUV that I will drive for a long time. Thanks Honda for the new design. I love it; love driving it; and because I like the vehicle so much, I can, almost, better deal with going to the pump to pay for unnecessarily high priced gas.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$130 per month*