2009 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
pleased
By pleased on 02/27/10 10:15 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked @ Saturn Outlook, NIssan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia,and Buick Enclave. I was pleased with all of them but I wanted a vehicle that had great resale value, safe,good gas mileage and is known for longevity. I did research between all of them compared features I wanted and did not. Everytime I thought I wanted another brand I was back @ the Pilot. It is very comfortable and It fitted me well. I took my Pilot to the mountains and was averaging around 30-32 miles per gallon. I truly recommend this vehicle.

Too truck-like
By Louielouie on 10/09/09 15:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just returned from a 3500 mile trip. At real world Interstate speeds (75-76 mph) I was able to squeeze out 21.5 mpg. A bit low but this is a big box! Suspension is a bit too stiff and with a truck type tire and stiffer steering than our previous two vehicles ('07 Pacifica & '02 Highlander) you never feel like you're 'part of the vehicle'. Bucket seats are firm but comfortable. Plenty of cubby holes and storage compartments but interior trim materials are hard to the touch and unattractive. Sound system is just 'OK'. '02 Highlander sound system has better features. Glad we leased. Engine Mgmt. system works well. No discernible sensation when system shuts down or turns on cylinders.

Verry happy
By happy on 08/25/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked around very hard before buying our Pilot and we believe that we got the best for our money. Sure there are other SUV that are better in some areas but the Pilot got our vote because overall it had the most for the money. It stops very fast if you are driving at high speed. It rides smooth compare to others. It is roomier than others and it carries a lot more than what the brochure says, trust me we have tried. Fuel consumption is better than what the brochure says. It does get 25mpg on the highway and fully loaded with 5 people it still gets 24mpg. We just love it.

Good, Bad, Ugly
By hondafan on 07/09/09 14:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good - Honda Ride, Functionality, lot of space. Went on a 1000 mi trip on Jul 4th weekend. Loved the ride. Drives like Honda civic. Price - Lot of good deals around. Bad - Interior & Exterior Gaps. Wind noise on highway is a bit high (typical Honda product) Ugly- Cheap interior plastic material, & rear carpet. The plastic around the key area getting lot of scratches already.

Couldn't be happier!!!!!
By Rob Lo on 06/09/09 01:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We considered the Highlander and Murano, but after we drove the Pilot is was over! This vehicle just oozes quality. The minute I sat in the Honda you could see how much better and thought out the interior was compared to the competition. Also the dealership was far above Nissan and Toyota when it came to friendly and professional service. We bought the Black cherry w/ Black leather and the vehicle is just beautiful!!! It does pull to the right slightly so I'll be taking it back to get fixed. No big deal.

Good but far from perfect
By jack on 05/19/09 13:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very solid performance, smooth riding, good brake, good acceleration. However, I found the building quality is not so good.

Not too proud of honda
By nunchuck on 04/26/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After purchasing a 2009 Honda ex-l pilot I realize that the pre-wiring connection was a dummy connection. I am not able to connect a trailer wiring harness unless I purchase the expensive kit from Honda. The kit cost more than if I had bought the tow hitch separate and had it wired. I also found out splicing into the wiring voids the warranty. Then I learned that remote start is a problem. Turning the car off after remote start just to enter the car is the dumbest idea I ever heard. It is my understanding both of these feature was pre-figure to get you to come back to Honda. I just wonder what else have Honda done to steer you back to them. My first Honda and my last. Bad mistake of Honda.

Satisfied!
By JE Reid on 04/24/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first SUV and I am so impressed with the way my Pilot drives. I am having fun and love it. All my family are proud and happy for me and my friends are complimentary. Was not sure I would like SUV but am very satisfied.

My best Honda ever!
By joeydee75 on 02/11/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned five Hondas since 1983 and I have to say that my Mocha Metallic 2009 Pilot EX-L is quickly becoming my favorite one. Its car-like and quiet ride has surprised me; its roominess for 8 adults impresses everyone. It's a slam-dunk choice, especially for the goodies you get for the money.

Great SUV, solid performer.
By mistercoffee1 on 01/01/09 01:27 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After two road trips and a full tank of gas, I'm very happy. With 3-4 adults and 2 kids, the car accelerates well for the type of car it is, and has some good climbing power. Very smooth and very quiet. As far as cylinders shutting off, you can feel it only if you're really paying attention and looking for it - otherwise pretty seamless. After a few test drives as well as an additional 300 miles in, I'd say the braking feels as responsive as you need it to be - smooth when you need a gradual stop, and firm when you need to shed speed quickly. I feel very safe and comfortable in this car, yet it's a great pleasure to drive. Compares favorably against the Lambdas (Acadia, Outlook, etc).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Pilot in VA is:

$140 per month*