Used 2009 Honda Pilot EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

2009 Honda Pilot Review
By captainbull

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2009 Honda Pilot as new from a Honda dealership here are our assessments: 1. Cheap interior design. Cheap plastic and adhesive. The "skin" for the club compartment peels off easy. 2. Cheap glasses. Just one little hit of a little rock the windshield just cracked. It's so thin. 3. Noisy driving (windows not tight seal). 4. Cheap paint (scratch easy) 5. Incorrect gas mileage (they lied) we only get 18MPG on HW and 16MPG city. 6. Stupid trailer light system design. They just want their dealers to make extra cash (so many steps to install it) and the kit cost over $200!) 7. Only one key entry from driver side. 8. Windshield wiper fluid pump failed to early.

1. Roomy. 2. Engine is dependable.

My feedbacks are for our 2009 Honda Pilot, but they are the same for all later models. Fix all the problems in the review above. Next vehicle will be a Toyota that what's we should have stayed with.

pleased
By pleased

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked @ Saturn Outlook, NIssan Pathfinder, Toyota Highlander, Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia,and Buick Enclave. I was pleased with all of them but I wanted a vehicle that had great resale value, safe,good gas mileage and is known for longevity. I did research between all of them compared features I wanted and did not. Everytime I thought I wanted another brand I was back @ the Pilot. It is very comfortable and It fitted me well. I took my Pilot to the mountains and was averaging around 30-32 miles per gallon. I truly recommend this vehicle.

radio, leather seats, gas mileage,comfort

bigger glove box, offer bose sound system or harmon Kardon, offer black leather with all exterior colors

Too truck-like
By Louielouie

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just returned from a 3500 mile trip. At real world Interstate speeds (75-76 mph) I was able to squeeze out 21.5 mpg. A bit low but this is a big box! Suspension is a bit too stiff and with a truck type tire and stiffer steering than our previous two vehicles ('07 Pacifica & '02 Highlander) you never feel like you're 'part of the vehicle'. Bucket seats are firm but comfortable. Plenty of cubby holes and storage compartments but interior trim materials are hard to the touch and unattractive. Sound system is just 'OK'. '02 Highlander sound system has better features. Glad we leased. Engine Mgmt. system works well. No discernible sensation when system shuts down or turns on cylinders.

Storage space. Front seats.

Better grade of interior finishes. Rear camera image difficult to view in bright sunlight. Radar sensor back-up system more useful.

Verry happy
By happy

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We looked around very hard before buying our Pilot and we believe that we got the best for our money. Sure there are other SUV that are better in some areas but the Pilot got our vote because overall it had the most for the money. It stops very fast if you are driving at high speed. It rides smooth compare to others. It is roomier than others and it carries a lot more than what the brochure says, trust me we have tried. Fuel consumption is better than what the brochure says. It does get 25mpg on the highway and fully loaded with 5 people it still gets 24mpg. We just love it.

3rd row seat has a lots of room. Rearview camera and the ability to pull our 20 foot boat without a problem. By the way that gas mileage is still 17mpg.

Better front look.

Good, Bad, Ugly
By hondafan

2009 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good - Honda Ride, Functionality, lot of space. Went on a 1000 mi trip on Jul 4th weekend. Loved the ride. Drives like Honda civic. Price - Lot of good deals around. Bad - Interior & Exterior Gaps. Wind noise on highway is a bit high (typical Honda product) Ugly- Cheap interior plastic material, & rear carpet. The plastic around the key area getting lot of scratches already.

Average MPG & ECON indicators (It's like playing a video game to get good MPG while driving). Seats and lot of space. Clear Gauges.

Interior Quality. Design looks good but quality and durability need to be improved a lot. 30K+ price and just basic head lights?