2009 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Best vehicle ever owned
By very happy guy on 04/28/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Every time I drive my pilot I enjoy the experience. The pilot is not the most powerful or the fastest stopping or the smoothest riding midsize but when you add everything up it is very capable and a beautiful vehicle. hwy mileage up to 26mpg- city 16mpg--it all depends on driving habits and conditions. I love the way it looks-- love the grille-love the way it drives. Some of the reviewers are not that impressed with the pilot but it is a vehicle that I love to see in my driveway. Most people pay more for a crv than I did for my pilot. Honda has hit a home run with the pilot. Absolutely trouble free- and hopefully it will stay that way!!!

2009 Pilot has the right combination
By NMH on 02/12/09 10:28 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a "plain Jane" LX FWD version in fall of 2008 because it beat the nearest competition (GMC Arcadia) on interior features, width of roominess and price ($4500 cheaper on base model after all the rebates and negotiation at actual dealers). After 1 year of internet search, two car shows with a measuring tape in hand, I test drove both the Pilot and Arcadia back to back on the same piece of city/highway road on the same day. Pilot has great sound, is smooth and quiet and had the exact room I needed - I wanted to be able to have two 36 in long dog crates kept regularly in the back of the SUV with the 3rd seat down and still be able to have the 2nd row seats up for passengers.

I love my Pilot!
By Leslie on 12/31/08 08:05 AM (PST)

2009 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has power, and a beautiful, smooth ride. I drove fords for years, and find this vehicle to be exceptional in quality, ride, and feel. The Pilot has a wider wheel base than my Explorer, and rides deep into a turn so you remain seated at normal speeds. I get very little if any pitch, and roll from the suspension. The car is very stable. Lots of interior space as well. The looks of the car are not great, but that is the only part I would want improved. I STRONGLY recommend this vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda Pilot in WA is:

$169 per month*