Safe, reliable, and oh so sweet!
By joeyjoejoe on
2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We have been driving our new VP AWD Pilot for almost a month now and absolutely love it! We decided to take the plunge because of the horrible weather we've been having in the MidWest and we also plan to start a family soon. I've owned many Honda's, so owning a Pilot was always a goal of mine. I have to say that it has delivered up to my expectations hands- down. We plan to add a few extras like a towing package, all season floor mats, and a remote starter in the near future. We only went with the base VP model without all the bells and whistles and everyone still compliments on how nice and luxurious it looks. We were comparing the Pilot to many other SUV's and it easily beat them out.
Favorite Features
I love all the safety features of this thing! The auto-shut off for the passenger airbag if there is less than 70lbs in the seat. Full side airbags throughout the vehicle. Tire pressure and oil life monitoring systems. Multiple cup holders and outlets throughout cabin are also nice. Good job Honda!
Suggested Improvements
The headlights are a bit weak and potentially troublesome, especially with no auto-on option. Along the same lines is the option to have all the doors lock when placing the car into gear. The cruise control button is in an awkward place, especially when at high speeds. Overall MPG could be better.