2008 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Four months of Pilot ownership

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Navigation)

Four months of Pilot ownership
By Fred Webb on

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Pilot EX-L with navigation after considering all other SUVs. The most important considerations in selecting it were safety, room for 8 if needed, comfort, and flexibility to go in snow and travel on moderately rough unpaved forest roads. I also wanted a vehicle with driver's compartment space for stowage of essential gear. The navigation system and XM radio have made driving more efficient and travel more enjoyable. Thus far, my Pilot has met all of my expectations. Fuel consumption has been quite reasonable considering vehicle weight. Ride has been very comfortable on 10+ hour trips.

Favorite Features

Favorite features are ease of driving, accessibility and readability of instruments, comfortable seats, sound system, navigation system, visibility of road, and plenty of room for luggage, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Improve clock's visibility for driver, reduce road noise, and add display of fuel or miles remaining in tank before need to refuel. The most glaring need is for an iPod dock that plays through vehicle's built-in audio system.