2008 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Best SUV of it's Class

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Rear Entertainment System)

Best SUV of it's Class
By Allan from Maryland on

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned SUVs from Expeditions to Escapes and this was my third Honda purchase (never disappointed with Hondas). I love this SUV. The exterior is nice, nothing too special but as a family man I don't really care. What matters to me is a great vehicle for me and the family. We have two kids and the problem was taking along their friends. This vehicle is large enough for the family with friends and their stuff. I also drive this daily to work through narrow city streets. It's a pleasure to drive. Good acceleration, great handling and fun to drive.

Drives exceptionally well. Great handling in all weather. Great vision for driver. Easy to use controls. Lots of room. Good rear video. Solid climate control. Okay stereo, won't bust out the windows but I love xm radio (ESPN and BBC are my favorites)

Clearly Honda engineers don't have kids in car seats. The starboard (right) side third row seat belt cannot be clipped because the receiver sits underneath any normal car seat. I ended up buying a $90 car seat because it was the only model that had a narrow base to allow it to work. Shame on Honda