2008 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Almost Perfect - One design fl

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

Almost Perfect - One design flaw
By tbcvideo on

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my second Honda Pilot in March 2008 after being the happy owner of a 2005 Pilot. The vehicle is perfect for a large family as it seats 8 comfortably (kids in th rear). There is one flaw and it is identical to that in the 2005 model. When driving at speeds greater than 40 miles per hour, try opening the rear passenger windows ONLY! Start with the back right and you will notice a very loud hum or vibration. It is NOT a minor noise as it is almost deafening and pounds on your ears. I am not sure if Honda is aware of this problem. I thought it was just my own '05 model that was doing this however it is identical in the '08. The pilot otherwise is perfect!

Favorite Features

Seats are easy to fold down. Plenty of leg room in the 2nd row and decent space in the third row for children. It takes regular gas - big $ saver and gets decent mileage for a full size SUV. Attractive styling, easy handling and comfortable for long trips. Factory DVD is a lifesaver.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate the deafening noise that occurs when having one rear passenger window down only. This occurs when the vehicle exceeds 40 mph. It is NOT a subtle noise, but one that makes the ear drums vibrate.