Used 2008 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Disappointed
By tedfrisbee

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car was great for 70K miles. Since then, transmission, power stearing pump, radiator, car now has 85K miles, time to sell. All maintenance done by dealer. Too expensive to run anymore. I suggest looking at Nissan,

Favorite Features

good size,

Terrible
By raystarlink

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Honda Pilot. Very overrated vehicle, especially considering cost,. Heavy low speed steering; adequate power; figgity transmission; plows doesn't handle; mediocre brakes; gas guzzler;terrible stereo system ( good if you like rap- vehicle has a factory sub-woffer ). The following quit before 87,000km.....A/C -$2700 to repair - Honda dealer won't help; brakes $1,100; transmission $1,700; electrical issues $ 500. Honda service very expensive....my previous BMW service was cheaper. When you drive a Mazda, Toyota, or domestic the Pilot feels 30 years older.

Favorite Features

Cruise control works well

Suggested Improvements

Honda should get outta this market segment

Good Deal
By rr1959

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The reason I bought this car for reliability and it has not failed. I used it to haul my tent trailer up down the mountain ranges in British Columbia Canada and it did the job well. Hauling the trailer I got about 20 miles to a imperial gallon at about 70 miles/hr. Handling is reasonable braking is fair, fabricate interior stains easy. Not a lot of negatives other than the cost to purchase it new back in 2008.

Suggested Improvements

Cabin filter is a problem to change for the first time, go to you-tube for directions.

Great Family Car--Great Value
By carlosarturo1

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this great SUV for the last 3 years I just traded it in because we are downsizing. I actually made some equity in tis car which is unheard of with other cars!! Awesome car for a large family, but the mileage per gallon is very low and this SUV gets very thirsty very quickly. Gets very slippery during the rain--even with new tires.

Favorite Features

interior design-very roomy

Pilot
By rucool

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new has been a GREAT car. I love the panoramic visibility from all directions. We are at 40000 miles and still have original tires with good tread left. My only complaint like other post is the fabric used on the seats, I expected more from Honda. The fabric on my civic which is twice as old looks better. That being said it is a great family hauler for those not wanting to drive a mini van. We plan on keeping it for a long time. I would buy again.