Used 2008 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Great ride
By MontrealDave

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We received our Pilot LX 2WD May 30 after returning our Mazda MPV. I have to say not having a minivan is nice. I don't think we sacrificed anything except indoor parking. The width of the Pilot is about 6 inches wider than our old van was but is a much finer vehicle. Still good for carpool but has the added power needed to accelerate and overtake. On the whole, with all incentives, this was a great purchase. I think it looks nicer than the new 2009.

Favorite Features

Size, height

Suggested Improvements

The dash where the radio is very plain and looks out of date

Almost Perfect - One design flaw
By tbcvideo

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my second Honda Pilot in March 2008 after being the happy owner of a 2005 Pilot. The vehicle is perfect for a large family as it seats 8 comfortably (kids in th rear). There is one flaw and it is identical to that in the 2005 model. When driving at speeds greater than 40 miles per hour, try opening the rear passenger windows ONLY! Start with the back right and you will notice a very loud hum or vibration. It is NOT a minor noise as it is almost deafening and pounds on your ears. I am not sure if Honda is aware of this problem. I thought it was just my own '05 model that was doing this however it is identical in the '08. The pilot otherwise is perfect!

Favorite Features

Seats are easy to fold down. Plenty of leg room in the 2nd row and decent space in the third row for children. It takes regular gas - big $ saver and gets decent mileage for a full size SUV. Attractive styling, easy handling and comfortable for long trips. Factory DVD is a lifesaver.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate the deafening noise that occurs when having one rear passenger window down only. This occurs when the vehicle exceeds 40 mph. It is NOT a subtle noise, but one that makes the ear drums vibrate.

The Educated Consumer's SUV!
By Educated Consumer

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and our two kids stepped up from a 4cyl 07' accord to the 08' Pilot expecting more kids soon. So the space was perfect. We got out of our lease with 1 1/2 years left on the lease and still got a really great price! The Honda Staff was very accommodating as with our first lease. The truck has great handling for a seasoned driver. And the power is there when I need it. Living in Brooklyn with a family means I need great gas mileage, the ability to modify the seating arrangements with room to spare for a quick trip for groceries, and a great sound system! I love my truck and could not imagine driving any other!

Favorite Features

Love the 4WD, overall design cues (head/tail lights), I actually like the VP 16'rims more than the EXL rims. All of the power, safety, reliability, none of the frills.

Suggested Improvements

Third row (right side)seat belt buckle vibrates against the armrest molding when the seats are folded down and the music is blaring! but other than that...error free

Love it!
By 5th_Honda

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2006 Accord SE for a 2008 Pilot VP. I got a great deal because SUVs are no longer in high demand and the new body style was due out the following week. I only use about 2-3 gallons more per week than I was using in the Accord, so a few extra bucks in gas is well worth the extra room for my kids (car seats, stroller, sports gear, etc). It was actually cheaper than my Accord and my insurance has decreased. Go figure.

2008 Honda Pilot
By gulfcoast23

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Solid SUV. Average performance for HP and torque. Average gas mileage - could be better; about 13 mpg in city driving. Solid build and ride, good comfort, excellent value due to the big discounts on 2008 Pilot's. Value is what sold me. Looked at Murano, Acura RDX, RAV4 w/V6, and Honda CR-V. So far so good...

Favorite Features

Ride, visibility, comfort, solid quality and value for the price. Sun roof, leather and XM radio are nice features.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and HP. Would like either better mileage or more HP. Weak through 2nd gear than more response to acceleration. Not bad but could be better.