2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love This SUV and Fun to Drive
By Great SUV on 12/15/07 14:54 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked it up and it is the best SUV in its class. I drove many SUVs and nothing to compare to this little number.

Four months of Pilot ownership
By Fred Webb on 12/15/07 09:17 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Pilot EX-L with navigation after considering all other SUVs. The most important considerations in selecting it were safety, room for 8 if needed, comfort, and flexibility to go in snow and travel on moderately rough unpaved forest roads. I also wanted a vehicle with driver's compartment space for stowage of essential gear. The navigation system and XM radio have made driving more efficient and travel more enjoyable. Thus far, my Pilot has met all of my expectations. Fuel consumption has been quite reasonable considering vehicle weight. Ride has been very comfortable on 10+ hour trips.

Love This Vehicle
By Rebecca on 11/12/07 11:52 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle. It is everything I could have asked for in a suv. I love the fact that it seats eight. I don't know how comfortable it would be for an adult to sit in the third row but kids would be just fine back there. My husband bought this vehicle for me for my 30th birthday and I am ecstatic!

First Honda, so far so good
By boro girl on 11/07/07 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After totalling my Chevy TrailBlazer, and then rushing to buy a GMC Yukon, I wanted a vehichle with a fold flat third row, 4wd, rear entertainment system, and lots of extras. I found it all with my Pilot Special Edition, with kids we knew we didn't want leather. I haven't had to use the 4wd yet, but hope it's everything Honda promises. It seems noiser than my Yukon, and not as comfortable, but I was willing to compromise given the rest of the goodies. The gas mileage is reasonable. In town, I get about 16-17 mpg, and 20-21 on the highway (at ~70mph). So far, everything rings true to the Honda value.

Awesome car. Best for the Buck.
By eric b on 11/06/07 13:24 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I already own a 2004 Honda Pilot. I test drove comparable Toyota, Nissan, and Acura SUVs. Honda is the best car/value Bar none. They've made so much enhancements to the Pilot since 2004 that I feel like I am driving a different car. Navigation is easy to use and I love the XM radio. I also like the fact that rear camera and fog light is now standard on Navigation model. I simply love it.

Meaning of a family SUV
By sasso1977 on 11/01/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot is very stable if a little boaty at high speeds but it keeps good balance. Very roomy and the interior is well laid out. Went from an FX35 to a Pilot and I don't regret it one bit!

Nice Truck, Very Good Value
By BrianG on 11/01/07 16:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought to replace an aging Isuzu Rodeo we're very happy with our Pilot. The Pilot is comfortable, a pleasure to drive, and of course Honda reliability. Acceleration is very good and noise levels are reasonable. The 2nd and 3rd row seats are easy to use and, folded down, they provide a large cargo area. Leather trim is nicely done and the two-tone effect of the Saddle color is attractive.

Solid Vehicle
By T-Man on 10/27/07 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Honda, and they have been great. Nice powerful engine, smooth ride, easy ergonomics, good feel to the vehicle. Lots of room for my kids and Labrador (who can watch movies in the back). Nice ride.

Great Value. Legendary Honda Reliability
By RiskPro on 09/29/07 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic SUV for the average middle class family that wants virtually no service issues or maintenance requirements. Not to mention the 4wd which is good for those times us citi-dwellers need some help in the mud or snow and the 2nd and 3rd row seats fold away.

First midsize SUV
By Linda on 09/22/07 17:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new '07 CRV 11 days ago but took it back and got an '08 Pilot. I have never had a SUV before but it rides nice and is very comfortable. Gas mileage doesn't look very good but for a 2-ton vehicle I guess it will be OK.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.