Used 2008 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Compromise well done
By JoshYi

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

CR-V's gas mileage and handling is much better. However, the year-end discounted price was almost the same as CR-V, and one big car in the house wouldn't hurt. Didn't like the look of 2009 Pilot. It's a set of best compromises that we settled on.

Favorite Features

It's a Honda - a well-made car at a good price. Big comfortable interior. Feels like sitting in a living room.

Suggested Improvements

road noise is excessive; yes, really. bad sounding audio system. I decided not worth signing up for XM radio!

Safety # 1
By Jonna

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am recovering from a car accident. I was hit by a Cadillac Escalade. I was not moving, he T-boned me at approx 40 mph. I flipped over. The side airbag deployed, I had on my belt. I have 1 broken bone, fortunate to be alive. The police and hospital both said how lucky I am. You only get 1 chance in an accident, so choose the safest vehicle on the market. This has 5 stars, the top. This is a great vehicle to drive and very safe. I am going to buy the 2009.

Favorite Features

Very Roomy

Suggested Improvements

How do you improve on excellent?

Still Lovin' Honda
By Chris

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is now our third Honda and definitely the nicest.The Pilot has amazing interior space, is incredibly comfortable and, like all Hondas, the engineering is superb. I would have liked to have the option to get both the Navigation and rear entertainment systems together-something Honda really ought to consider. Additionally, the steering wheel controls are inadequate. Unlike my Civic, which you can go up or down on the radio stations, you have to cycle all the way through 6,1, 2,3,4 to get to preset 5. Stupid. I would also like a cooling option on the leather seats. Even with climate control, in a hot climate the leather doesn't breath and gets hot.

Favorite Features

Size, bullet-proof Honda engineering -ease of reconfiguring and putting 2 back rows of seats up or down -EXCELLENT insurance ratings (3 year newer Pilot cost less to insure than our CR-V for same coverage) -Safe -quiet

Suggested Improvements

Better radio controls on steering wheel. Ability to get Navigation and rear entertainment systems, seat cooling

I wish my wife would let me drive it!
By eagle07746

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I must say that our Pilot is very nice to drive. Nice comfortable seats, navi, and interior bike mounts make for a great road trip vehicle. I also like the integration of the radio, navi, CD, back-up camera. The wife loves having a commanding view of the road. Some minor issues, wheel noise for one, which seems to ba a common complaint. Also, no MP3/Ipod hook-up.

Favorite Features

Integrated console, Navi, Seats.

Suggested Improvements

Wheel noise, MP3/ Ipod connection.

Honda is Still Going Strong!
By Sheryl Lewis

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had shopped around for an SUV for six months. First, I looked at the 2008 Toyota Highlander and test drive it. Second, I checked out the 2008 Honda Pilot and test drive it. I was very pleased with the Value Package and the way the 2008 Honda Pilot handles the road. It is very smooth and quiet ride. I have always owned an Ford vehicle. My last vehicle was an 1998 Ford Explorer. There were several recalls with the tires, etc. However,I love my Ford. I am happy with my 2008 Pilot. I would recommend an Honda Pilot. It is an great SUV for your money. It holds value, and cost less on repairs. I wish it would offer 100,000 miles on extended warranty. Try it and you will love it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage with the Econ. Heated seats, rear air condition, and moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

No Comments