Used 2008 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Sunburn
By Susan Massey

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The windshield goes so far back that my hands are perpetually sunburned and peeling. This is the only problem with the car, but it is a BIG ONE. Any ideas?

Soccer-Mom Heaven
By OBXmom

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2005 Civic in for this, but there was just never enough room. My DH is over 6' and the 2 kids are growing fast. I miss filling up for $35, but we took a 2 hour drive to shopping mall with 8 adults, and we were perfectly comfortable. We are leaving tomorrow for vacation, and have plenty of room to bring everything we could want, and we will be comfortable enough to take the scenic route. The DVD player is our first in-car system, and I am glad I finally gave in. We didn't get the NAV, because he prefers the Garmin after market.

I love the regular house plug in the console, its a God-send!! Plenty of room, power and space, without being lost in the crowd of Suburbans and Tahoes. A little more ground clearance for local flooding issues than our old minivan.

More cup holders, center middle row doesn't have one. Air vents for the third row. MP3/iPod jack. More chargers in the second and third row; have you ever had the cell phone, GPS, 3 Gameboys and an iPod that all need to be charged at the same time?

Compromise well done
By JoshYi

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

CR-V's gas mileage and handling is much better. However, the year-end discounted price was almost the same as CR-V, and one big car in the house wouldn't hurt. Didn't like the look of 2009 Pilot. It's a set of best compromises that we settled on.

It's a Honda - a well-made car at a good price. Big comfortable interior. Feels like sitting in a living room.

road noise is excessive; yes, really. bad sounding audio system. I decided not worth signing up for XM radio!

Safety # 1
By Jonna

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am recovering from a car accident. I was hit by a Cadillac Escalade. I was not moving, he T-boned me at approx 40 mph. I flipped over. The side airbag deployed, I had on my belt. I have 1 broken bone, fortunate to be alive. The police and hospital both said how lucky I am. You only get 1 chance in an accident, so choose the safest vehicle on the market. This has 5 stars, the top. This is a great vehicle to drive and very safe. I am going to buy the 2009.

Very Roomy

How do you improve on excellent?

Still Lovin' Honda
By Chris

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is now our third Honda and definitely the nicest.The Pilot has amazing interior space, is incredibly comfortable and, like all Hondas, the engineering is superb. I would have liked to have the option to get both the Navigation and rear entertainment systems together-something Honda really ought to consider. Additionally, the steering wheel controls are inadequate. Unlike my Civic, which you can go up or down on the radio stations, you have to cycle all the way through 6,1, 2,3,4 to get to preset 5. Stupid. I would also like a cooling option on the leather seats. Even with climate control, in a hot climate the leather doesn't breath and gets hot.

Size, bullet-proof Honda engineering -ease of reconfiguring and putting 2 back rows of seats up or down -EXCELLENT insurance ratings (3 year newer Pilot cost less to insure than our CR-V for same coverage) -Safe -quiet

Better radio controls on steering wheel. Ability to get Navigation and rear entertainment systems, seat cooling

• SUV