2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Best of all worlds
By Brian on 03/07/08 18:48 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We replaced our 2005 Chrysler Pacifica (boat) with this truck and are loving it. The Pilot is so much lighter on it's feet and nimble in the urban jungle. Driving is quiet and smooth on all roads and it's great in the snow! Wife loves that it heats up quick on sub-zero MN winter mornings. Husband loves the acceleration and visibility from sitting up high in the cockpit. Kids love the DVD and parents love the wireless headsets for quiet long trips to grandparents.

Safe, reliable, and oh so sweet!
By joeyjoejoe on 02/26/08 14:37 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been driving our new VP AWD Pilot for almost a month now and absolutely love it! We decided to take the plunge because of the horrible weather we've been having in the MidWest and we also plan to start a family soon. I've owned many Honda's, so owning a Pilot was always a goal of mine. I have to say that it has delivered up to my expectations hands- down. We plan to add a few extras like a towing package, all season floor mats, and a remote starter in the near future. We only went with the base VP model without all the bells and whistles and everyone still compliments on how nice and luxurious it looks. We were comparing the Pilot to many other SUV's and it easily beat them out.

Best Bang for Your Buck
By T&T on 02/24/08 20:43 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 Honda Pilot is a great deal, pricewise (especially with big rebates now) and quality. Honda has had over 5 yrs to work out any bugs from an already solid SUV, so I feel like I own one of the most reliable vehicles on the road. In addition, it has enough pep, is versatile and roomy inside (we love the 60/40 split 3rd row seat for extra passengers when needed without shuffling around the car seats in the second row). It rides like a heavy-feeling, rather sporty car instead of a "floaty" truck- like truck. ItÂ’s a Honda with great resale.

Loving The Pilot
By novol on 02/13/08 15:24 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We recently traded in a Volvo XC90 for the Pilot and are loving it. The interior is quite spacious and having a third row seat is a wonderful convenience. The interior integrity compared to other makes we looked at does not compare. I think we will keep this car for awhile.

Great SUV
By mike on 02/03/08 22:16 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2004 Pilot loved it and bought the 2wd 2008. Great car and love the Honda's reliability.Gas mileage on the 2wd seems much better than my 2004. Live in Ohio and 2wd doesn't seem much different than my 2004 awd. Love the XM feature on the radio, no more looking for stations on trips.

On my second and would go for a third
By Lovemy Pilot on 01/28/08 05:09 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 04 Pilot in for a new one. They gave me 20k for my 04 with 52K on it. They are aggressively pricing these whick is why I bought a new one now. More importantly you cannot find a better built, more reliable, reasonably priced vehicle on the market today. It is the best of all worlds. Part mini-van, suv, 4 wheel drive vehicle with good gas mileage. If you are looking for a family car, look no further. This is one of the best cars on the market and their price hasn't changed much since I bought mine previous one on 04.

Good all-around vehicle
By Mac on 01/27/08 12:31 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our Honda Pilot for one month and love it! The stereo sounds great from the front seat, but needs the base turned up to sound as good in the back seat. It's very comfortable during long rides, and fun to drive.

Sweet vehicle
By steve on 01/26/08 19:29 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We searched for an suv that was large enough to be comfortable yet economical to operate and affordable. We found it in the Pilot. We test drove several before the Pilot and was not impressed enough to lay down the money. This impressed the both of us. It had what we needed and wanted with a couple of extra's that are nice. We like the room, the engine performance,third row seating for the grandkids,cargo area is great and the dependabilty factor played a large part of our decision.

Quality over aesthetics
By welshguy on 01/19/08 10:12 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With 4 months and 3,000 miles now logged I feel I can offer some insight. With the Honda nameplate you obviously are getting a quality vehicle. I'm planning on getting 10 years/110,000 miles out of it and then handing down to my son in elementary school for college use. I did lots of research beforehand and wanted the optional 3rd row w/out having a huge vehicle. Bingo! My colleagues piled in for a trip with the 6' 1" guy choosing to sit in the way back. He said he was comfortable...but he didn't look it. They all commented on how much bigger it looked and felt inside than what they thought it would be. I upgraded from a Jeep Gr. Cherokee, and this is hands-down far superior.

The most Practical car
By Yahya on 12/26/07 01:01 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have owned this car for 2 years, i think this car is so nice, its comfortable, roomy, and has excellent performance. plus it is so practical for daily life. most people who own this car wont sell it easily, they just love it for all the perfect things in it like, the roomy interior, high performance, and excelllent handling. any one who has not tried this car, knows nothing about it, i really advise everyone to try it, and you'll certainly love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.