2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Belt noise
By Pdoff on 04/10/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Would like to write a review, unfortunately, the car was been in repairs since I bought it. Heard squeaking like a fan belt slipping on day one. Returned it to dealer and they started replacing parts, (belt tensioner, alternator). Seems like they are just guessing. Tomorrow is day three and maybe will get it back then, maybe not. Fourth new Honda, third in 8 years. Will see how dealer/ Honda handles it. So far obviously not impressed. Performance and fuel economy are guesses, less than 100 miles on it. Fun to drive, it's a practicable conveyance or should be.

Pilot power
By nancy on 04/09/08 14:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot has Power on the road. I did a lot of research on several automobiles I was interested in and decided on the Pilot. I love the Pilot and I feel I made the best decision for my family. The Pilot had everything I needed in safety, comfort, and style. It had the best ratings and beat out all the other SUVs in its class. It also had the best value in price. The service at DCH Paramus Honda (NJ) was great, and my salesman was terrific. I will recommend them to family and friends whenever they need a new car. Go for the Honda Pilot, you will make the right decision.

Foreign car Kool Aid drinkers
By Carnut on 04/09/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently leased a 08 Pilot for my wife after seeing a great lease price. Our 06 Chevy trailblazer was coming off lease and although the Chevy was excellent, we opted for Honda due to the deal. The gas mileage claims are true. A 4,500lb., 4 wheel drive Chevy with 291 HP!, gets better mileage! The Honda will be in the shop 4 times due to the drive Line vibe issue someone else wrote about. Keep in mind I have been driving GM'S mostly, and they are much smoother, a lot quieter and have knocked Honda and other foreign cars off the initial and long term quality charts recently. This certainly is not like my 1998 Accord EX coupe. I miss my Chevy. Honda does have better interior

Bad gas mileage
By Bad gas mileage on 04/08/08 12:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving the 08 Pilot AWD for almost 3 months and City driving averages 13.2 mpg. Very disappointed.

"The best SUV ever made"
By Satisified on 04/03/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had my SUV for a few weeks. However it is such a smooth riding vehicle it's the best ever!

Honda Pilot First Impressions
By Carabel on 04/02/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Safety and reliability is what made me look at the Pilot to replace a Toyota minivan. For the value of the current incentives, it is too good to pass up. It is a great choice for a family vehicle. The interior is logical and the exterior, well, it's a traditional SUV look. I like the Pilot but I wouldn't label it as a stand out. I do recommend it for its practical purpose and Honda's good safety name. I also feel that Honda treats their customers better.

Great SUV
By Soccer3564 on 04/01/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been researching this SUV for a while now and it far surpasses what I expected. The interior design is more for utility not luxury.

It's a Honda!!
By It's a Honda on 03/27/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is one sweet ride. Have owned two other Honda's in past 10 years. Both sedans, needed more room to haul more people and stuff. The Pilot is just the ticket. The ride is smooth and very quiet. Leather heated seats are a nice plus. Room for 8 if needed. Smart styling and Honda reliability. I looked at other American made SUV's and could not do it. Honda reliability has a powerful way of keeping customers coming back. Honda's do seem to sell themselves. Well done Honda!!!

"it's a Honda"
By Jeff on 03/21/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well we finally pulled the trigger and purchased the 2008 Pilot EX-L AWD. We first test drove the VP, then the EX- L. The leather seats are far more comfortable, heated seats too! Nice...It handles very well, plenty of zip, and Honda reliability. I thought about buying an American product for about 2 seconds, then came to my senses. This is our third new Honda, Civic/Accord, now Pilot. My fellow Americans, before you buy anything else, test drive this car.

Best Midsize SUV
By Vanz of Tx on 03/19/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Solid on road handling, easy to learn interior features(like the Navigation sys),lots of room for 8, safety and reliability. Although 16 MPG for city, very efficient on long distant driving. The drive is so comfortable...good job Honda!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Pilot in WA is:

$150 per month*