Used 2008 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Gas Guzzler
By manny

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not happy with gas mileage she gets 12 in the city and 18 on highway not what I expected from a Honda. Rear sub rattles sounds way to much, been in two others same thing. Seats are impossible to clean. Besides theses issues runs well no problems.

power

Better sub damping,real numbers on fuel mileage

Best SUV I've ever owned!
By hondalover15

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Honda Pilot! It's reliable,comfortable,economical,the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Never, ever a moments trouble with this SUV. It's my 3rd Honda. I won't drive anything else. I expect a lot from my vehicle & this SUV delivers and more. Such a smooth ride, great for interstate driving. Handles well on snow and ice.

6 Disc DVD System, comfortable cloth seats, smooth ride. Interior is well made. Roomy, plenty of seating & beverage holders.

None, it's perfect.

I Love my Pilot!!
By Kim

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a 2005 CRV because my lease was up(we also had a baby on the way, and I am not a big fan of the new Pilots), and I could not be happier with this SUV. I am fairly short and with the 8 way power seat,it is very comfortable for me to drive. My biggest complaint is the lack of rear space when the 3rd row is up. It is also hard to get car seats in/out of the 3rd row. My husband would like for it to have a telescoping steering wheel and I wish the SE came standard w/a leather wrapped steering wheel. We will definitely consider buying this one when the lease is up next year.

The SE trim level is great.... power drivers seat, rear DVD system, sunroof...Lots of storage space and cup holders; easily accommodates my daughter's Britax car seat (and they are HUGE)

Telescoping and leather trimmed steering wheel; better rear cargo space with the 3rd row seat up; improved sound quality when listening to the DVD player through the car speakers

Ok but not up to what I expected
By Steve

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I sold a 4-runner when getting this, and despite it being a Honda, it has been far more problematic than it should be. I'll start with the pros though... Pros: Comfortable seats, roomy, third row, good view out, good power. Cons: Handling is boatlike around corners, road noise is more than I would have wanted, the interior has so many squeaks and rattles that I've given up having it at the dealership to fix them, various delivery defect: tire belt problem, warped rear brake rotor, multiple key FOB problems. I am hoping that the long term reliability outweighs the various downsides.

Room, tons of it for people and cargo. Seats are comfortable, and the kids like the back seat more than in any other car.

Interior integrity, delivery quality control, and road noise. Though the road noise isn't all bad - it does help conceal the squeaking from the interior.

Brakes & radio
By patricia logsdon

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like my Honda pilot but at 25,000 miles my radio went shot, had to be replaced, and then I was told my back brakes had to be replaced at 25,000 miles. That's pretty bad when you can't even get at least 75,000 miles out of a new car. Not really happy right now.

Needs better material, stains really bad, very hard to clean.