2008 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
VP AWD great regional leasing
By Raphie on 05/10/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Value Package 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased AWD VP due to Honda great regional leasing program. Test drove both the EXL & VP, found the EXL's heated leather seat is far more comfortable and better support. EXL has lumbar support that VP does not have. The radio and climate control knobs seem to be designed for right- hand steering because the most-use knobs are located on right instead of left side. I traded the Odyssey since I want 4x4 for New England winter ice/snow and for the 90 degree turn from main street to long slope leading to my home.

Love It!!!
By Terri on 05/08/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car!!! I call it 'the beast'. It is so much fun to drive, has great pick-up, and I feel very safe in it as well. It is a 'SOLID' car, and as a new Mom safety is very important to me. If you're in the market for this class of car don't buy until you test drive a Pilot. We had a very rough winter this year, and I never had any problems in the ice, slush and/or snow.

Pilot w/Piston Slap
By Pilot w/Piston Slap on 05/07/08 04:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got a great deal on the Pilot and thought this was going to be a great new car. After purchase I noticed a noise when it shifted gears when cold. Two dealers said it was piston slap and all Honda had it. Funny it didn't make it when just revving the engine.

Needs improvement
By Joe on 05/05/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up my new EX-L on Saturday, by Monday the following negative traits were observed in the first fifty miles: Shudders at idle. The transmission and/or engine surges at cruising speed. Road noise is absolutely horrid at highway speeds. My eight-year-old F250 CC 4x4 is quieter. Ditto for handling. The body lean on curves and corners makes this vehicle feel like it is tipping. Even at low speeds. The aforementioned F250, with much greater height, weight, and ground clearance handles better. Suspension allows the front end to "dive" under just moderate braking. Positives: Brakes are excellent. Interior fit and finish are above average. Audio, though outdated no MP3 disc or USB.

Great car but no 3rd row air
By New Honda 2008 on 05/03/08 18:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at GMC Arcadia, Dodge Journey, Hyundai Veracruz, Toyota Highlander and bought Honda Pilot SE. 3rd row seating, awd, and dvd were the main features I was looking for. I went on an hour long trip today with the kids in the 3rd row. They were complaining it was too hot. To my surprise, no 3rd row air vent? Disappointed but I guess we'll eventually figure out the right temperature for everyone in the car.

Favorite Vehicle since '88 CRX
By Daniel on 04/24/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased on Good Friday at a substantial discount (26% to be exact). It is powerful, roomy, has an excellent feature set, and big! The 2006 makeover gave it a rugged look all its own (instead of a larger 1st Gen CR-V). Gas mileage could be better, although, considering it is a 4WD, 17-18 combined city/highway isn't bad. Have slowed down considerably since moving from a Grand Prix to the Pilot, which helps with gas mileage. I'm a pretty big guy and this vehicle fits me very well . . . plenty of headroom, shoulder room, and hip room.

belt noise revisited
By pdoff on 04/18/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Still too early to report on gas mileage. Wrote partial review earlier about belt/pulley noise. Third time was a charm, dealership stepped up and replaced my Pilot. I picked out another EX-L off the lot and started fresh. Great customer service. Much nicer experience. Fun to drive? Come on it's a nice sedate transporter. Hopefully this time it will be Honda quiet and reliable. Like a great minivan without all the room and stereotype.

Poor build quality
By wnick on 04/17/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a brand new 2008 Pilot EX in southern California in Feb 2008. A day later, replaced a defect door trim, and about 30 days later spotted many rusty parts underside the car. Some of them appear to be very rusty and must have started a while ago. Contacted both dealer and regional Honda office. They claimed that surface rusts are not covered by the warranty and declined to fix it. So before you decide to buy a Honda, it might be a very good idea to check out the underside paint carefully. We never expect this poor paint quality. We also have a 1999 Camry. Even today, it shows no underside rust at all.

Honda Pilot Rocks!!!
By Honda Rocks!!! on 04/15/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At first I was nervous about driving an SUV. But when I got my Pilot and started driving it, I loved it. I wouldn't go back to driving a car for anything. Awesome drive, safe, roomy, and great in the winter snow, windows never fog up!!! This is the one of the best SUV out there must test drive.

Was great while it lasted!!!
By Zecker on 04/11/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the '08 Pilot a week and half ago and today. I lost it to a rear end collision. The air bags did not deploy which was every odd to me because the lady that hit us was traveling at about 45 mph and we were at a dead stop for traffic. She pushed us about 10 feet forward from our original position and we hit a ford truck off set, the passenger side was toast. You can see where the crumple zones did their jobs to absorb the energy. Thank God my pregnant wife and 2 year old son where ok after the accident. If they total it I sure will get another Pilot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.