2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Outstanding
By wvhonda1 on 12/19/10 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle was thought through very well when designed. Great room for its class size. Gas mileage exceptional. I have heard a lot of negative comments about road noise. I have not experienced this road noise and feel it rides very smooth and quiet. AWD works well for normal winter and typical off road driving. Would not recommend taking it on the Rubicon trail but will hold its own on basic rough terrain. Thumbs up again Honda for a job well done.

After 3 Years, Still a Great Vehicle
By Austin on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car new based primarily on safety and reliability rankings. Haven't had to test safety, but reliability and quality have been excellent.

Great Vehicle
By joe4prez on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Pilot. Only issue after 25K miles is a new battery replacement, which was done under warranty. The car has a comfortable ride and great seating capacity, which with carpooling we fill up every day. We love the DVD player, though on the freeway we have to turn it up to MAX to hear it. When taking on a heavy load (like once we loaded it with boxes of books)the rear of the car bottoms out. Sunroof is a little too slow to open and close. Other than that, a near perfect car.

Noise
By John F on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used just before a 1800 mile round trip. The road noise is terrible unless the road is smooth as glass. Interstate highways that have been resurfaced caused so much noise that conversation or listening to the radio is impossible. Secondary roads very bad too. The car has new Goodyear Integrity tires. Is there any tire that will dampen road noise? The drivers seat is uncomfortable. At idle, the radiator cooling fan creates a rumble that resonates through the car. The AC fan just started creating a pulsing fan noise. I'm very dissatisfied and about ready to a loss on the price I paid and dump this car and go back to Ford or GM.

Smart Value SUV for Family
By MKEPHL on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for 3 years 33K mi now, buying out lease because it held its value so well. Now worth thousands more than buyout. Not put a dime in besides scheduled maint. Replaced a Ford Escape that was nowhere near as reliable. Once engine is broken in we began to avg 17 mpg around town vs 15 mpg when new. Avg 20 mpg hwy on 1,000 mi trips loaded to visit family. Remember it is a Honda, but it is still an SUV. Has excellent power for an vehicle this size. Plenty of room with the seats folded down, which is easy to do. Leather interior is holding up fine, and is easy to clean up with kids and dogs. I-pod adapter can be run through rear entertainment system. Think it is better looking than new model.

2008 Honda Pilot VP 2WD
By ernieD on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I feel I got a great trade in price on my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer (many elec issues on Trailblazer) and a great drive out price on my new Honda Pilot VP. It's been a very nice and solid SUV. Ive owned 5 SUVs. True about the wind noise with only one window or only rear windows open. I usually just crack a 3rd window to prevent this noise. The 2009 new design addressed the tight drivers side armrest issue a bit. Still could use more drivers side comfort area. The Pilot has been very reliable, comfortable, great rear cargo area. Wish there was a option for NO 3rd row seat. I never use it. At 38,000 miles I have a rather serious engine warning light on. Manual says might be emissions issue

First SUV
By maine1963 on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We researched and researched some more as we were looking to upgrade from our 2001 Kia Sportage to a family car that had significantly more room and Safety factors. We were also looking for a SUV that already had a track record for Reliability. Everywhere we turned - the Honda Pilot kept popping up in our internet searches. I am not one that enjoys going to the dealership so I found one online at a price I liked! It is a 2008 Honda Pilot 4WD VP model. Wanted to buy new but the prices are too steep. SO I bought it sight unseen through the internet through a dealer that does Home Delivery! We fell in love with all of the features and could not be happier! Will keep this forever!

2nd Excellent Pilot
By DG on 08/21/10 20:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Loved my 2005 pilot so much, that when the 2008 model offered side impact airbags, I bought it. I have been driving Honda pilots now for 5 years and have had absolutely 0 problems. Really. None. Extremely reliable. Roomy. Comfortable. Can see extremely well. If the Windows are down in the back without at least one of the front Windows being open a bit, there is an obnoxious vibrating noise from the back Windows.

Very safe - 2nd one
By ColoradoMom on 06/15/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I originally had a 05', but got t-boned at 50 mph and came out without a scratch. Needless to say, excellent in the safety category. I purchased a new 08' and really it's pretty similar. Love all the room, can haul a lot of large teenage boys and baseball equipment around. Cons are you can't have your windows down due to the vibrating noise; road noise could be better; and have a squeak in my dash when the road not perfect. Had it in several times to fix it, they keep telling me they found a pen in the dash. How many can they find in there. Not from me. Would like a iPod jack.

Gas Guzzler
By manny on 05/16/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not happy with gas mileage she gets 12 in the city and 18 on highway not what I expected from a Honda. Rear sub rattles sounds way to much, been in two others same thing. Seats are impossible to clean. Besides theses issues runs well no problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.