2008 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Outstanding
By wvhonda1 on 12/19/10 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle was thought through very well when designed. Great room for its class size. Gas mileage exceptional. I have heard a lot of negative comments about road noise. I have not experienced this road noise and feel it rides very smooth and quiet. AWD works well for normal winter and typical off road driving. Would not recommend taking it on the Rubicon trail but will hold its own on basic rough terrain. Thumbs up again Honda for a job well done.

Gas Guzzler
By manny on 05/16/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not happy with gas mileage she gets 12 in the city and 18 on highway not what I expected from a Honda. Rear sub rattles sounds way to much, been in two others same thing. Seats are impossible to clean. Besides theses issues runs well no problems.

Great ride
By MontrealDave on 06/16/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We received our Pilot LX 2WD May 30 after returning our Mazda MPV. I have to say not having a minivan is nice. I don't think we sacrificed anything except indoor parking. The width of the Pilot is about 6 inches wider than our old van was but is a much finer vehicle. Still good for carpool but has the added power needed to accelerate and overtake. On the whole, with all incentives, this was a great purchase. I think it looks nicer than the new 2009.

Dissapointed
By Scott on 05/22/08 19:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got my 08 pilot and thought I was going to love it like all of the other Honda products I bought in past years. But it turns out, I was pretty disappointed. The suspension is too mushy to tackle anything off-road, I don't know why everyone raves about Honda's interior fit & finish, because the Pilot's is horrible. Also, there is a lot of tire noise and a horrible rattle in the passenger side door.

Poor build quality
By wnick on 04/17/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a brand new 2008 Pilot EX in southern California in Feb 2008. A day later, replaced a defect door trim, and about 30 days later spotted many rusty parts underside the car. Some of them appear to be very rusty and must have started a while ago. Contacted both dealer and regional Honda office. They claimed that surface rusts are not covered by the warranty and declined to fix it. So before you decide to buy a Honda, it might be a very good idea to check out the underside paint carefully. We never expect this poor paint quality. We also have a 1999 Camry. Even today, it shows no underside rust at all.

On my second and would go for a third
By Lovemy Pilot on 01/28/08 05:09 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded my 04 Pilot in for a new one. They gave me 20k for my 04 with 52K on it. They are aggressively pricing these whick is why I bought a new one now. More importantly you cannot find a better built, more reliable, reasonably priced vehicle on the market today. It is the best of all worlds. Part mini-van, suv, 4 wheel drive vehicle with good gas mileage. If you are looking for a family car, look no further. This is one of the best cars on the market and their price hasn't changed much since I bought mine previous one on 04.

Sweet vehicle
By steve on 01/26/08 19:29 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We searched for an suv that was large enough to be comfortable yet economical to operate and affordable. We found it in the Pilot. We test drove several before the Pilot and was not impressed enough to lay down the money. This impressed the both of us. It had what we needed and wanted with a couple of extra's that are nice. We like the room, the engine performance,third row seating for the grandkids,cargo area is great and the dependabilty factor played a large part of our decision.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.