2008 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Disappointed
By tedfrisbee on 07/08/14 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car was great for 70K miles. Since then, transmission, power stearing pump, radiator, car now has 85K miles, time to sell. All maintenance done by dealer. Too expensive to run anymore. I suggest looking at Nissan,

Terrible
By raystarlink on 08/15/13 16:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Honda Pilot. Very overrated vehicle, especially considering cost,. Heavy low speed steering; adequate power; figgity transmission; plows doesn't handle; mediocre brakes; gas guzzler;terrible stereo system ( good if you like rap- vehicle has a factory sub-woffer ). The following quit before 87,000km.....A/C -$2700 to repair - Honda dealer won't help; brakes $1,100; transmission $1,700; electrical issues $ 500. Honda service very expensive....my previous BMW service was cheaper. When you drive a Mazda, Toyota, or domestic the Pilot feels 30 years older.

Good Deal
By rr1959 on 08/24/12 17:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The reason I bought this car for reliability and it has not failed. I used it to haul my tent trailer up down the mountain ranges in British Columbia Canada and it did the job well. Hauling the trailer I got about 20 miles to a imperial gallon at about 70 miles/hr. Handling is reasonable braking is fair, fabricate interior stains easy. Not a lot of negatives other than the cost to purchase it new back in 2008.

Great Family Car--Great Value
By carlosarturo1 on 05/06/12 16:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this great SUV for the last 3 years I just traded it in because we are downsizing. I actually made some equity in tis car which is unheard of with other cars!! Awesome car for a large family, but the mileage per gallon is very low and this SUV gets very thirsty very quickly. Gets very slippery during the rain--even with new tires.

Pilot
By rucool on 02/16/12 18:05 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new has been a GREAT car. I love the panoramic visibility from all directions. We are at 40000 miles and still have original tires with good tread left. My only complaint like other post is the fabric used on the seats, I expected more from Honda. The fabric on my civic which is twice as old looks better. That being said it is a great family hauler for those not wanting to drive a mini van. We plan on keeping it for a long time. I would buy again.

Little things bug me
By dukmadgin on 11/12/11 13:41 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We got this a few years old for the safety factor. The mileage is not great, but it is a big heavy (hopefully safe) vehicle. The cloth seats are TERRIBLE!! They stain with just water on them and NOTHING cleans them. The idle has a vibration sound that just about hurts my head at stop signs, and if you open a rear window on the freeway, it WILL hurt your ears. It is just okay in my book

Upholstery the WORST ever
By erin16 on 09/25/11 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Value Package 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have the 2008 Honda Pilot with fabric seats. This upholstery is hideous. There is no way to keep it clean and/or stain free and EVERYTHING (even water) causes stains that are next to impossible to remove--even by a professional. We are so disappointed by Honda. We love the car, but each time we get in and have to sit on and look at this nasty upholstery, the loves lessens a bit.

2008 Pilot review
By energetik9 on 05/24/11 09:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased a '08 EX-L Pilot with Nav to use as a third car. Car drives really well and will work great as a puppy hauler and road trip car. I typically stay away from Honda's and this is my first in some time. Good cars, but generally far too sterile, uninspired styling, and lacking in performance for my tastes. Zero issues so far and I especially enjoy the leather and back up camera. I have been very unimpressed with Acura/Honda Nav systems so we'll see how this does over time.

Good Vehicle
By roadie64 on 04/22/11 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2008 Honda Pilot it was used but certified .....so it is 3 years old its a really nice comfortable vehicle YES the problems with the rear windows down is annoying but whats more annoying is The audio system is EXTREMLY POOR Thats my biggest beef with it . I mean its getting to be nice weather out, You hear a GREAT SONG you wanna put the windows down open the moonroof and CRANK UP THE TUNES its like WTF ?????? YOU CANT HEAR THE SONG !!!! is there like a child proof selection here ????????You turn it up all the way its like damn !!!!!!! ok I am done venting now but other then that good smooth ride !

Best SUV I have owned
By truckerwife on 04/07/11 08:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough good things about this SUV!! I bought it new 3 years ago and it now has 50,000 miles on it. I have the entertainment system which is great for long trips! The reliability is amazing! I have only had to do regular maintenance on it. It has never been to the repair shop for issues. The only complaint that I have is the fabric on the seats does not wear well at all. I should have splurged for the leather. I will only buy Honda from this point forward!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.