Used 2008 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Rattling noise
By yblandin

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have heard this rattling noise for months now. I have even taken it to 2 different Honda Shops and no one claims to hear the noise or even tell me where the noise is coming from.

Disappointed
By tedfrisbee

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car was great for 70K miles. Since then, transmission, power stearing pump, radiator, car now has 85K miles, time to sell. All maintenance done by dealer. Too expensive to run anymore. I suggest looking at Nissan,

good size,

Terrible
By raystarlink

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 Honda Pilot. Very overrated vehicle, especially considering cost,. Heavy low speed steering; adequate power; figgity transmission; plows doesn't handle; mediocre brakes; gas guzzler;terrible stereo system ( good if you like rap- vehicle has a factory sub-woffer ). The following quit before 87,000km.....A/C -$2700 to repair - Honda dealer won't help; brakes $1,100; transmission $1,700; electrical issues $ 500. Honda service very expensive....my previous BMW service was cheaper. When you drive a Mazda, Toyota, or domestic the Pilot feels 30 years older.

Cruise control works well

Honda should get outta this market segment

Good Deal
By rr1959

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The reason I bought this car for reliability and it has not failed. I used it to haul my tent trailer up down the mountain ranges in British Columbia Canada and it did the job well. Hauling the trailer I got about 20 miles to a imperial gallon at about 70 miles/hr. Handling is reasonable braking is fair, fabricate interior stains easy. Not a lot of negatives other than the cost to purchase it new back in 2008.

Cabin filter is a problem to change for the first time, go to you-tube for directions.

Great Family Car--Great Value
By carlosarturo1

2008 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this great SUV for the last 3 years I just traded it in because we are downsizing. I actually made some equity in tis car which is unheard of with other cars!! Awesome car for a large family, but the mileage per gallon is very low and this SUV gets very thirsty very quickly. Gets very slippery during the rain--even with new tires.

interior design-very roomy