2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
I Love my Pilot!!
By Kim on 01/11/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a 2005 CRV because my lease was up(we also had a baby on the way, and I am not a big fan of the new Pilots), and I could not be happier with this SUV. I am fairly short and with the 8 way power seat,it is very comfortable for me to drive. My biggest complaint is the lack of rear space when the 3rd row is up. It is also hard to get car seats in/out of the 3rd row. My husband would like for it to have a telescoping steering wheel and I wish the SE came standard w/a leather wrapped steering wheel. We will definitely consider buying this one when the lease is up next year.

A great People and Stuff Mover
By S Oswald on 08/13/09 11:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my favorite vehicle to drive. I'm not sure what is different about my Pilot, but I've got plenty of acceleration on demand. So much so, I've caught myself by surprise and squealed the tires while leaving a parking lot. I've never owned a new car before but I came into this expecting Honda reliability and my Pilot has kept up its end of the bargain. The only parts that have needed replacement or adjustment were minor and the dealer replaced them quickly and under warranty. Fuel economy is better than the EPA estimate with 24 average MPG on the interstate, city mileage is worse at 14 average MPG but I live in a city with quite a few hills.

My second Pilot
By Lakelover on 06/30/08 07:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up our 08 Pilot on the 27th of June. We had an 03 that was hit from the rear (60 MPH) by a full size pickup. I was stopped waiting for traffic to clear and don't remember the accident. Vehicle is totaled. The folks responding to the scene commented, "the Pilot saved me from serious injuries or worse". I walked away after a thorough checkup be the EMT folks. I love our vehicle. SAFE, comfortable and excellent driver.

Our New Pilot
By Todd on 05/20/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice Crossover SUV. Smooth driving and roomy. NO mechanical complaints, only had it 6 days. It's a Honda, it better not have any! It is made in the US however.

Solid Vehicle
By T-Man on 10/27/07 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Pilot Special Edition 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Honda, and they have been great. Nice powerful engine, smooth ride, easy ergonomics, good feel to the vehicle. Lots of room for my kids and Labrador (who can watch movies in the back). Nice ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.