Used 2008 Honda Pilot EX Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

200000 miles and drives like new
By Richard Kling

Outstanding
By wvhonda1

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle was thought through very well when designed. Great room for its class size. Gas mileage exceptional. I have heard a lot of negative comments about road noise. I have not experienced this road noise and feel it rides very smooth and quiet. AWD works well for normal winter and typical off road driving. Would not recommend taking it on the Rubicon trail but will hold its own on basic rough terrain. Thumbs up again Honda for a job well done.

Room, safety, reliability, resale value, and quality for your money.

Honda accessories are expensive for this vehicle. Honda should consider making an off road model pilot with upgrade suspension, ground clearance, skid plate improvements, and appearance. This may improve the comparison against the trail rated Jeep Cherokee or 4 Runner market folks.

Gas Guzzler
By manny

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not happy with gas mileage she gets 12 in the city and 18 on highway not what I expected from a Honda. Rear sub rattles sounds way to much, been in two others same thing. Seats are impossible to clean. Besides theses issues runs well no problems.

power

Better sub damping,real numbers on fuel mileage

Great ride
By MontrealDave

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We received our Pilot LX 2WD May 30 after returning our Mazda MPV. I have to say not having a minivan is nice. I don't think we sacrificed anything except indoor parking. The width of the Pilot is about 6 inches wider than our old van was but is a much finer vehicle. Still good for carpool but has the added power needed to accelerate and overtake. On the whole, with all incentives, this was a great purchase. I think it looks nicer than the new 2009.

Size, height

The dash where the radio is very plain and looks out of date

Dissapointed
By Scott

2008 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got my 08 pilot and thought I was going to love it like all of the other Honda products I bought in past years. But it turns out, I was pretty disappointed. The suspension is too mushy to tackle anything off-road, I don't know why everyone raves about Honda's interior fit & finish, because the Pilot's is horrible. Also, there is a lot of tire noise and a horrible rattle in the passenger side door.

decent sound system, standard 3rd row seat, bright headlights, peppy engine.

Honda really needs to improve their interiors. The Pilot's looks cheap & dated, and the rattling is really annoying. The suspension needs to be firmed up quite a bit, and there needs to be more ground clearance so people like me can go off-roading.