Solid performer
By cbrunson1 on
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I've had my Pilot for 4 months and drive it mostly in town but took one extended 2,400 trip. We're very pleased so far. We've found excellent build quality and reliability. Mileage has been good; 18.7 in city and 24.8 on the highway (65+/-). I'm 6-1 and drove 14 hours one day and rode in the backback seat for 10 hours another day. The front seats are very comfortable for extended periods and the backback seat was better than I thought it would be. My wife loves the shifter because it frees up the console area. Steering and engine are great, ride is good, and after getting a good EOY deal, it was $8k less than the Acadia/Enclave I shopped. My insurance premiums are less than my old Passport.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable interior, good headroom, smooth ride. Seats fold flat for cargo and fold and slide smoothly. Leather interior is supple but durable and comfortably firm. Plenty of storage space in the console area. Dead pedal is well placed and accel. pedal is agreeably resistant. Easy to drive.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see Honda install a telescoping steering column. Styling is pretty blocky and the opposite of sleek, though not unattractive. Looking forward to the 09 redesign and may trade if the new body looks good.