Pilot . . . good choice!
By NR on
2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
First SUV and what a winner. Wanted to go cheaper and needed cargo space, so I just went with the FWD. I've had it for 2 months. Fun to drive. Step on the gas and you are flying, if need to. A little wider in the garage than I am used to. I'm reading all these reviews on the poor mileage and my ride to work, with mixed stop and go and some highway, I'm getting 20 MPG. Doesn't like the road trips with with higher speeds. Only 23 MPG, even with that ECO feature that shuts down three cylinders. Good looking vehicle.
Favorite Features
Acceleration is great. Roomy 2nd row, leg and head room. Love the heater and A/C for keeping people comfortable in back. Third row lays flat and out of site. Lot's of cargo space. Air bags all over the place, if needed. Seems like a sturdy vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Daytime running lights and auto lights at dusk should be standard equipment. White Outline Letter tires would good. Has nice side trim on the doors but what about fender guards with out having to purchase rubber fender flares as an accessory. Grocery store jerks already creased fender above wheel.