Our baby...
By VR on
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Performance, in several different facets, is near top of the line. The handling around turns for a vehicle of that size is jaw dropping to me having been previously accustomed to driving an Explorer for 6 years. I was initially somewhat skeptical that an engine displacement of "only" 3.5 L was enough to get the kick in the pants sometimes required to merge into tight traffic. Again, very impressed with the Honda VTEC engine. Its operation is very smooth, quiet and very responsive when getting into the higher RPMs thanks to the variable valve timing. It's more acceleration than I'll ever need for daily commuting. Plenty of room for passengers in three rows of seating.
Favorite Features
Items I especially liked: --3 rows of seating. --comfortable clean interior --smooth ride and engine performance --spring for the leather; it's a must --VTEC's VVT high RPM acceleration was lights out --larger (heavier body) and smaller engine than my Ford Explorer, yet fuel economy is better.
Suggested Improvements
Items for improvement: --rear window doesn't flip up or retract. --body styling is somewhat on humble. --doors could automatically lock when tranny engages.