2007 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Hands down the worst car I've

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic w/Rear Entertainment System)

Hands down the worst car I've ever driven in the snow
By mattpotvin on

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot was great to me. Super reliable, and I only ever had one problem outside of routine maintenance, a rear HVAC blower motor went out, which was replaced under Honda Care for no charge. I selected the FWD model after getting a CPO mouse infested 4WD model from a dealer. They upgraded me to Leather and Rear Entertainment. We average under 40" of snow here, so I didn't think anything of the lack of 4WD. Until the first day I had to drive in snow. Even with Michelin Xice 2 snow tires, I couldn't make it over small bridges, crossing a single lane train track. Cars with all seasons drove right past me. I'd slide backward down the hill. Bit better w/ traction control turned off.

Favorite Features

Reliability! Resale value was phenomenal. Cavernous space.

Suggested Improvements

The engine is too far back to effectively put the required weight over the wheels to get winter traction in the FWD model. There was lots of tire spin in the rain as well. Even with top of the line Michelin all season tires. Traction control was too intrusive. The point at which it attempted to regain traction to the cutting of throttle was too short, to the point that it was dangerous. Seemed like traction control only ran for 1-2 seconds before it just shut off throttle. Most cars fight for traction as long as you're giving it gas. Ability to lock rear windows and still control from the driver seat. Let alone, locking the rear windows, shouldn't lock out the front passenger seat!