2007 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Great mileage for an outstandi

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

2007 Honda Pilot

Great mileage for an outstanding SUV
By Jason on

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With 1K miles on it now, I'm positive I made the right decision getting the Pilot. I'm not sure why all the negative posts about mileage. It's an SUV folks. They all get poor mileage but the Pilot is amoung the best in class. On a 450 mile trip, I averaged 22.9 mpg cruising at 70 mph. My old Grand Cherokee wouldn't even come close with its antiquated inline 6. I bought this with gas prices over $3 per gallon knowing full well it wasn't going to be cheap to run. For those wanting better mileage, get a Civic. We were only considering Subaru / Toyota / Honda SUV's when we were shopping. The Honda had the best combination of features vs. price point.

Fit and finish are top notch. Very little road noise. Seats are very comfortable. High safety ratings. I'll say it again, mileage is very good for an SUV!

Illuminated steering wheel controls. A split, fold down tailgate so you can stand on it to get at the top of the vehicle. Lower price point on navigation system to stay competitive with aftermarket systems which have come down so much in price.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review