2007 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Fuel Eco not as advertised
By Joe on 07/18/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the Pilot a few months ago. Have been pleased with the comfort and standard reliability of the Honda. I know it is an SUV but the fuel economy is horrible. Averaging about 13 in the city. Might as well have a Hummer. Also, rear door does not shut without some force.

Best in class
By David B on 07/18/07 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased 2007 Pilot EX-L w/ Nav. The perfect family vehicle w/o sacrificing style and practicality. Gas mileage is acceptable for its class and size, this comming from a previous Civic owner. Overall best value for space and comfort. Decision was based between the Honda Pilot and Toyota Sienna.

Best value in mid-size SUV segment
By Bob on 06/29/07 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Pilot for a few weeks now and have not been disappointed. Gas mileage is acceptable for SUV - getting no worse than previous minivan while providing a very comfortable ride. Compared to '08 Nissan Pathfinder and '07 Saturn Outlook, the Pilot can be purchased for thousands less when comparably equipped while giving the owner a very handsome trade-in value down the road. Vehicle has excellent fit and finish both inside and out.

Fog Lights anyone?
By Keith on 06/27/07 06:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a great vehicle for us. Enough room for our stuff and our dog and still room for the additional family member coming in about 7 months. But look out if you have to replace certain parts. $275 fog light assembly plus 1 hour labor to remove the entire bumper cover because the fog light was hit with a rock. Hopefully insurance will cover, but what if it had just burned out? $400 for a lightbulb? Sad that such a great car has such poor design qualities.

Pilot . . . good choice!
By NR on 06/14/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First SUV and what a winner. Wanted to go cheaper and needed cargo space, so I just went with the FWD. I've had it for 2 months. Fun to drive. Step on the gas and you are flying, if need to. A little wider in the garage than I am used to. I'm reading all these reviews on the poor mileage and my ride to work, with mixed stop and go and some highway, I'm getting 20 MPG. Doesn't like the road trips with with higher speeds. Only 23 MPG, even with that ECO feature that shuts down three cylinders. Good looking vehicle.

Excellent Midsize SUV
By JH on 06/01/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I spent a lot of time looking at all the SUV in the 25-35k price range and went to look at each of them. The Honda Pilot EX-L with Navi has them all beat. The car is extremely solid and is very roomy. So far I have owned it for a week and I love it. It drives like a car but has the functionality of a SUV. To own a fully loaded SUV for under $30000 (sticker price $36,000) is amazing. It comes with all the cool gadget as Lexus -$15,000 price tag. It is truly worth the money and will keep its value over the years.

2006 Pilot
By Dave T. on 06/01/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 1st SUV and probably last since I am a "car-guy", but needed this for family reasons for a few years. The airflow over the front fascia is such that every insect within 5 miles will splatter on your windshield. I've had more splats on my windshield in the past 10 months than I've had in 30+ years of driving. Windex, scouring pads and I have become very close!

Great mileage for an outstanding SUV
By Jason on 05/28/07 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With 1K miles on it now, I'm positive I made the right decision getting the Pilot. I'm not sure why all the negative posts about mileage. It's an SUV folks. They all get poor mileage but the Pilot is amoung the best in class. On a 450 mile trip, I averaged 22.9 mpg cruising at 70 mph. My old Grand Cherokee wouldn't even come close with its antiquated inline 6. I bought this with gas prices over $3 per gallon knowing full well it wasn't going to be cheap to run. For those wanting better mileage, get a Civic. We were only considering Subaru / Toyota / Honda SUV's when we were shopping. The Honda had the best combination of features vs. price point.

Fine SUV for the money, good content
By vonsnooks on 05/27/07 15:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Came down to between this and a Highlander. We didn't go with that due to a more cramped interior with much less interior storage space vs. the Pilot. Car is well executed inside and out. Driving experience is consistent with expectations. Smooth drive train, pleasant ride. Reliability has been good to date. Mileage is a bit disappointing, but about what I expected. Averaging 18-20 mpg in mixed driving in first 7K miles, which isn't too bad considering power and weight of car.

Texas Pilot
By Russell on 05/27/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good so far, gas mileage is a little better than expected. Even in city driving. Maybe the cylinder management helps?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.