Used 2007 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Stay away from this gas guzzler
By Nick G

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Whatever nice features this car might have they pale when you consider the gas consumption. Don't believe the rated MPG. It is much worse. I get 10 MPG in the city and 17 on the highway. The car has over 20,000 miles so it is definitely past the break-in period.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Dump it.

Glad I leased
By madison07

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So that I can turn this dog back in. No way I'd ever consider buying it. Interior seems to be an afterthought. Was nice at first but no ipod jack. Heck, even a Ford Focus has this. Toyota next time

Favorite Features

Good paint and fit. Spare tire has decent access. Good ride for SUV, not sloppy and soft. Pretty good in a record Wisconsin winter.

Suggested Improvements

Yikes, some updating would be nice. Kind of like a 1998 Trooper

Great car, if only gas mileage better
By Slurban

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

5 of last 6 cars my wife & I owned were Honda's. We are very satisfied with them and the Pilot is no exception. It rides well & has great driver's seat room (I am 6' 4"). You definitely won't feel cramped in the car. It also is very quiet. After 5000 miles I average 13 miles to gallon, but I only drive in the city. I was looking more for the 17 it said on the sticker. If it were not for the gas I would say this car is fantastic!

Favorite Features

Large interior space, quiet ride, handles almost like a car, not like a truck ride at all

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage

My family luv this pilot
By barok

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We leased this 2007 pilot 4wd LX. I break-in this SUV very well so now I can get 0-60 mph w/in 6 seconds. MPG is average for an SUV. Driving is great, especially in the snow, but not in dynamic actions. A lot of noise in rough roads, but like riding on a boat while in highways.Engine and transmission are great!

Favorite Features

4WD, suspension and steering

Suggested Improvements

Get that noise away! Wider rims and tires

gas guzzler
By Lyndie Aquila

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is comfortable and has many nice luxury features. One can't go wrong with a Honda. More expensive than other suvs and the inside features are worth it. Gas mileage is very poor. Had I know this, I might had purchased the Toyota 4 Runner. If you want luxury, this is the car for you. If you want to tow or help the environment, steer clear.

Favorite Features

3rd row folds down, climate control for front and back seats, storage space, roomy inside

Suggested Improvements

I pod hookup, passenger seat should be automatic, towing capacity needs to be increased, and the most important item is fuel economy. I am not a speed demon and I get 16 MPG. Run the AC and get 14. Not good for a two wheel drive, 6 cylinder car. Very disappointed for company claiming to be green.