Used 2007 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Most Helpful|
I love my PILOT!
By Family Vehicle!

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the best ever! I have no leather seats but I will be getting them soon. I recommend this car to everybody it has no flaws. It handles like a small car and will continue to be my car of choice.

Favorite Features

Space

Suggested Improvements

None

Love my honda
By sneace

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 4 children but didn't want a mini van. Looked at every SUV and decided on this one. The 3rd row can even fit my 6'2" teenager son..

Favorite Features

Love that the 3rd row folds down all the way. Rides so well on long trips..

Suggested Improvements

little better gas mileage

Happy with my Pilot
By mercara

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought Pilot EXL AWD over a year back and thought I would use it for a while before I did the review. A year and 10K miles later, I am completely satisfied with my Pilot. This vehicle gives you the practicality of a minivan or close without having to buy a minivan. The vehicle has good ergonomics and the lot of nice storage compartments, etc. It handles well and gives about 21.5 mpg on the highway and about 16 ~17 in the city. The third row seats are excellent, for moderate sized adults. Great Value for Money.

Favorite Features

Great Value for Money. DVD is in the front dash so you can swap them out without stopping the car. Huge boot space and comfortable third row seating. Good mileage. Lots of storage space and door pockets. Airbags all round, side, curtain, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Only 3500 lbs tow. Installation of a tow hitch is expensive. Package includes Transmission and Oil cooler. Over 1000 bucks to install Tow package !! Gear shift on the steering wheel. BTW, looks like these two issues have been addressed in the 2009 model. Not true All-Wheel-Drive. Skinny tires.

Great for the right person
By 2bogey

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having always been a Honda guy I went with the Pilot. Pros- Seats 7, roomy, good passenger storage. The wheel wells are 4'2" apart so you can fit everything from sheetrock to golf clubs. Drives awsome in the snow and poor conditions. Overall no major mechanical problems. Cons- For the $ you can buy a vehicle with much better creature comforts. No I-Pod jack, Seats are uncomfortable, MPGs are Average for a vehicle this size. Heat went out and was $400 to fix @ 40K. If you dont need or want bells and whisles this may be a good vehicle for you.

Favorite Features

Wide storage bins for driver. Drives great in snow.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats. Wood trim or nicer finish More standard options

Used to love but no more
By sandy2001

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Brought my 2007 Pilot brand new. Now February 2013 with only 64,000 my spark plugs are gone and coil burned. The dealer told me it will cost $4500 to fix. I am very disappointed and upset with Honda. The technician told me they don't check spark plugs until 100,000 miles. So I would have no way on knowing that there is a problem. It give no warning. I was sitting at the traffic light when the Pilot starting shaking and making a noise as I drove off. I had to pull into a shopping center and have it towed to the dealer because I could not drive it. I have owned 4 Hondas but I think this will be my last.

Favorite Features

6 disc CD Player Very roomy

Suggested Improvements

Check spark plugs before 100,000 miles