Used 2007 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

What will I do when it dies?
By TEEK

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have never even been in a vehicle with better storage area that services the driver, as many cup holders for the rear, and overall family friendly design. If I were wealthy I would have bought two, so when this one wears out I would have another. There is no other vehicle you could GIVE me that I would like more. This truck fits family and professional life. It is quality inside and out. Go for it if you are considering the Pilot.

Love the driver storage. Love the heated seats. Love the dual A/C. Love the sound system. Love the versatility with the seating. Love the height. Love, love, love it all.

Road noise guys. Not severe, but you had to know this was going to be an issue to an extent. Would like the glass on the rear to open.

Pilot is really, really comfortable
By Ken

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The greatest part of the Pilot is in its comfort. I'm 6'2 and feel very comfortable in this vehicle. Easy to drive and I never get fatigued. Plenty of knee room - good support. Biggest drawback is common with all AWD SUVs - mileage. 17 city - 21 highway, but hey, I knew that. If you want great mileage, buy a Civic or Corolla.

Everything is relatively well located and easy to use. Nice climate control; plenty of storage. A very well built, quiet, comfortable car

Passenger climate control.

Great SUV
By Eric

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I picked ours up CPO with 18k on it. Gas mileage is good for it's size, 18 around town 22-23 if you stay at 65 on the highway. Much quieter than the Odyssey we had previously but not a quiet car by any stretch. Mostly tire noise so a different set may solve that. Great ride, decent pickup.

Ride, comfort, and gas mileage. Beat what a Tahoe or equivalent would get.

Factory install towing package or at least oil P/S cooler so you can add an aftermarket without risking your warranty, lighted steering wheel buttons, better interface to the entertainment system. Additional gears to further improve fuel economy.

Pretty Reliable
By 123abc

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the great gas mileage that the Pilot gets as we travel all over the country. I can fit comfortably many of my children's friends.

I love the heated seats although we really don;t need them as much in the south. The controls on the steering wheel is a great asset. By far, the third row seats that completely fold down were the seller for me. My young daughter is already 5'10 but fits nicely in the third row seats.

One thing that I do not like but is common is almost all cars is that the gap between the front seats and the console is very thin and I can not get things out if they drop.My car also has made a whining noise that they can't figure out what is making it.

absolutely disappointed with mpg
By pcates

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read all the reviews on the Pilot they were wonderful and then I bought one - a 2007 and I hate it. The gas mileage is terrible, I hate how car mfg lie. I get 11-13 city and most on the hwy is 20.5. The dealer keeps making excuses for the poor mpg. I have already had a intake senor replaced - it did not help. So what good is the ECO light staying on to cut out the cylinder so get you better mpg. What JOKE! My husband's F150 gets more consistent mileage then the pilot. Will never buy another Honda (this was my first and last)

Window that open separate from the cargo door, Being able to look all doors except the drivers door would be nice. I had that in my 98 Tahoe.. Interior plastic needs an upgrade as it scratches very easily. The gas gauge is not accurate is drops from 1/1 tank to empty quickly.