2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love It
By Tom H on 10/31/07 05:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little worried about fuel economy, but not any more. City driving is about 17 mpg. On a trip to FL., we averaged 25 mpg. One time was 27 mpg. between fill ups. There is plenty of room. Seats are comfortable. There is more horsepower than I'll need.

Almost there
By april on 10/28/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2007 Honda Pilot is almost perfect. All it needs is a split window in the back and ideally a power lift gate. Of course gas mileage could be better. Other than those three things I find it PERFECT. I went from a Tahoe to a Lexus to a Honda. I don't know what took me so long.

Not all hype!
By Friend on 10/27/07 21:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice vehicle that is built on a Civic chassis. Yet, it lacks the power and guts that the dealer states it has...which is a total letdown. The back seats are very poor..it is almost more comfortable sitting plastic seats in the bleachers! The back seating is not made for long distance trips,just trips that are less than a mile long to the local store...think twice about these seats if you care about your guests! Where is the power in this vehicle...it struggles to pull what it is designed to pull. The gas mileage is not was it is stated on this site...it is less more like 13 and 17. Be advised twice before you purchase! BTW, there is no AWD in this vehicle..just a myth!

Wife Loves her Pilot
By ASW on 10/16/07 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Admittedly I don't drive this vehicle much, but often enough. My wife uses this car as her everyday car and she loves it! We are expecting a baby in early 2008 and are looking forward to having a safe and reliable car to transport our new one around in.

Still a very good ride
By John on 10/07/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Honda pilot may have been around for a while but still is very reliable and offers plenty of space and safety comparable to the new CUV .and it is the only CUV that has a true 4x4 ability . It also has great resale value and the look is still appealing like a 4x4 should look not curvy, intruding on the interior headroom . I can fit 8 people in a pinch. Gas mileage isn't bad compared to other CUVs.

So Glad I bought a Pilot
By Perry on 09/11/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'll admit, I haven't had this vehicle very long, but have driven Hondas for quite some time. The 4WD EX-L is very quiet, smooth riding, and simply a pleasure to drive. Get ready for the shock if you've been in a Civic and getting 35 mpg. Although I do get 21 mpg on the average. This ain't bad! Extemely comfortable ride.

Great SUV
By Chris on 09/10/07 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Pilot. We love this vehicle model. If you are shopping for a SUV, considering this vehicle is a must. Very roomy and easy to drive. Has great versatility, be it handling a cross country family vacation to hauling stuff from the local home improvement store.

Fuel consumption won't get any better
By Nick on 09/10/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own this vehicle for 8 months and have over 9000 miles on it. At first I was totally surprised at the outrageous fuel consumption, getting from 9-12 MPG in the city. The dealership and Honda customer reps kept reassuring me that it will get better as the car gets more miles. THEY LIED. THE MPG STILL SUCKS. What's worse is that there is nothing you can do about it. Car manufacturers get a lot of levity in how they advertise fuel consumption.

Fuel Consumption - Litres/100 km - mpg
By disapointedone on 09/08/07 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been carefully monitoring and charting the fuel consumption for 2 months since I purchased the vehicle. The posted ratings on my window sticker were: City - 14.1 L/100 km (20 mi/imp-gal or 16.7 mi/us-gal) Highway - 9.7 L/100 km (29.1 mi/imp- gal or 24.2 mi/us-gal) The actual average fuel consumption for a variety of driving conditions is Actual - 16.6 Litres/100km (17 miles/imp-gal or 14.2 miles/us-gal) The best highway fuel consumption I've had from a weekend driving trip just matched the city rating shown above.

Fantastic Car
By KenVW on 09/06/07 10:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my best car I have bought. I have had many cars and this is by far the most comfortable and quality SUV I have had. I also own the Odyssey and it is fantastic too. I love Honda. This is a car is extremely fun and reliable to drive. The gas mileage isn't that bad. Anyway if you are looking to buy a SUV the Pilot is the way to go!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.