Used 2007 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Pretty Reliable
By 123abc

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the great gas mileage that the Pilot gets as we travel all over the country. I can fit comfortably many of my children's friends.

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats although we really don;t need them as much in the south. The controls on the steering wheel is a great asset. By far, the third row seats that completely fold down were the seller for me. My young daughter is already 5'10 but fits nicely in the third row seats.

Suggested Improvements

One thing that I do not like but is common is almost all cars is that the gap between the front seats and the console is very thin and I can not get things out if they drop.My car also has made a whining noise that they can't figure out what is making it.

absolutely disappointed with mpg
By pcates

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read all the reviews on the Pilot they were wonderful and then I bought one - a 2007 and I hate it. The gas mileage is terrible, I hate how car mfg lie. I get 11-13 city and most on the hwy is 20.5. The dealer keeps making excuses for the poor mpg. I have already had a intake senor replaced - it did not help. So what good is the ECO light staying on to cut out the cylinder so get you better mpg. What JOKE! My husband's F150 gets more consistent mileage then the pilot. Will never buy another Honda (this was my first and last)

Suggested Improvements

Window that open separate from the cargo door, Being able to look all doors except the drivers door would be nice. I had that in my 98 Tahoe.. Interior plastic needs an upgrade as it scratches very easily. The gas gauge is not accurate is drops from 1/1 tank to empty quickly.

Happy
By Rich

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a jeep, and the Honda is much more reliable. I only go the the dealership for scheduled maintenance, and minor problems. I would recommend this vehicle to the person who is very busy in their life, and does not want to go to the dealership every week for problems. When you don't drive aggressive, the mileage is acceptable for the size. If you drive hard, the mileage will decrease. I would purchase another one. This is my first Honda. You really do not have to purchase any other brand!

Favorite Features

Room, comfort, and performance.

Suggested Improvements

They are all in the 2009 Honda.

Great vehicle!
By Cruise

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

16-17 mpg city driving with AC. 20-23 mpg hwy up/down I-95 with AC. Very smooth ride; great acceleration merging into traffic; accommodates our family of 5 around town; easy to park; fun to drive. I purchased this SUV in Feb '08, and I would but another one tomorrow if I could.

Favorite Features

Power/acceleration, exterior design, cargo room, easy city parking vs. other suvs, takes regular gas vs. premium in acura...

Suggested Improvements

Excessive road noise on highway; needs higher quality interior leather; perhaps enhanced gas mileage.

Happy with my Pilot
By mercara

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought Pilot EXL AWD over a year back and thought I would use it for a while before I did the review. A year and 10K miles later, I am completely satisfied with my Pilot. This vehicle gives you the practicality of a minivan or close without having to buy a minivan. The vehicle has good ergonomics and the lot of nice storage compartments, etc. It handles well and gives about 21.5 mpg on the highway and about 16 ~17 in the city. The third row seats are excellent, for moderate sized adults. Great Value for Money.

Favorite Features

Great Value for Money. DVD is in the front dash so you can swap them out without stopping the car. Huge boot space and comfortable third row seating. Good mileage. Lots of storage space and door pockets. Airbags all round, side, curtain, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Only 3500 lbs tow. Installation of a tow hitch is expensive. Package includes Transmission and Oil cooler. Over 1000 bucks to install Tow package !! Gear shift on the steering wheel. BTW, looks like these two issues have been addressed in the 2009 model. Not true All-Wheel-Drive. Skinny tires.