Used 2007 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

No Regrets!!!
By Chris

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The comfort level is phenomenal. I'm less fatigued on long drives even after a full workday! Everything is within the driver's complete reach. This is my first Honda, or foreign auto for that matter, and I am completely sold. Their performance record is certainly an added bonus. You can't beat the quality and value for the price.

Favorite Features

The shear size of the vehicle!! I feel totally safe when driving this SUV on highways and interstates. All the safety features such as VSA and simply the Tire-Pressure Monitoring make for a worry free trip.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats!!! It's a real nuisance when there are two drivers and the seat has to be readjusted every time we switch!! That's the one feature I still truly miss that was present in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. Also, panic locks. We should be able to exit without having to unlock the door first!!

It's a Honda
By Steve

2007 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the pilot for the roomy cabin, great ride, driving position and handling. I have owned 10 Honda's and this one has not disappointed.

Favorite Features

Adaptability for 8 passengers when needed. Handling, Ride, Controls (The radio is not loud enough with the windows open though).

Suggested Improvements

No MP3 connection on radio. The drivers seat is so close to the center console that if you drop a pen or coins or food next to the seat it is IMPOSSIBLE to retrieve it even with a crevice vacuum tool. The airflow in the cabin is poor resulting in a reverberation in your ears with windows open.

What will I do when it dies?
By TEEK

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have never even been in a vehicle with better storage area that services the driver, as many cup holders for the rear, and overall family friendly design. If I were wealthy I would have bought two, so when this one wears out I would have another. There is no other vehicle you could GIVE me that I would like more. This truck fits family and professional life. It is quality inside and out. Go for it if you are considering the Pilot.

Favorite Features

Love the driver storage. Love the heated seats. Love the dual A/C. Love the sound system. Love the versatility with the seating. Love the height. Love, love, love it all.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise guys. Not severe, but you had to know this was going to be an issue to an extent. Would like the glass on the rear to open.

Pilot is really, really comfortable
By Ken

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The greatest part of the Pilot is in its comfort. I'm 6'2 and feel very comfortable in this vehicle. Easy to drive and I never get fatigued. Plenty of knee room - good support. Biggest drawback is common with all AWD SUVs - mileage. 17 city - 21 highway, but hey, I knew that. If you want great mileage, buy a Civic or Corolla.

Favorite Features

Everything is relatively well located and easy to use. Nice climate control; plenty of storage. A very well built, quiet, comfortable car

Suggested Improvements

Passenger climate control.

Great SUV
By Eric

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I picked ours up CPO with 18k on it. Gas mileage is good for it's size, 18 around town 22-23 if you stay at 65 on the highway. Much quieter than the Odyssey we had previously but not a quiet car by any stretch. Mostly tire noise so a different set may solve that. Great ride, decent pickup.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, and gas mileage. Beat what a Tahoe or equivalent would get.

Suggested Improvements

Factory install towing package or at least oil P/S cooler so you can add an aftermarket without risking your warranty, lighted steering wheel buttons, better interface to the entertainment system. Additional gears to further improve fuel economy.