Used 2007 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Simply, The Best
By Lew

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The smoothness of the ride and quietness of the Pilot is more than we ever expected. The interior has so much room and it's exactly what we wished for, for retirement. Seats are perfect for us, handling is perfect. Fuel mileage is very good for a SUV. Vision is forever...engine is quiet...all the power needed when you ask for it...the 5 star safety rating is a tremendous selling point. We love the look of the Pilot. The controls for air conditioning and heating in the rear seat area are great. My wife and her girl friend normally use the heat while her husband and I use the air conditioning up front...no more, honey would you turn the air down, it's cold in here, lol... Thanks Honda!

Favorite Features

Safety features, exterior and interior design,dual air/heating controls, luggage capacity, dash lighting, simple layout of all controls, seat comfort, great ride and very quiet. We can hardly feel or hear the transmission shift. It's simply the best vehicle we have ever purchased! Thanks again Honda!

Suggested Improvements

None.....it fits our needs better than any other vehicle on the market.

A great ride!
By Tmoneytheman

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First off, for all of you complaining about the gas mileage, you're nuts. I have a Dodge Durango and the Pilot. There is no comparison whatsoever. For the 3k miles we have put on it, we are averaging about 21 mpg. Now if you have the 4x4 version, I can see a decrease. But all you others probably just have a lead foot! There are only two negatives that I have with the Pilot. First, the front driver side leg room is not what I would like it to be. Second, the back door is a pain in the rear to close sometimes. I wish they would have made it about 1/2 a foot longer, then a tall guy like me would not have any issues up front! If you buy one, you will fall in love with it!

Favorite Features

Stereo system, DVD system (with wireless headphones). Can I say "the smell of leather"? Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Front driver side leg room (not to stereo type, but who was the model when designing the front driver side?)

Great Vehicle!
By ErinMN

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first SUV and I couldn't be happier. We wanted a vehicle large enough for our family of four to travel comfortably on road trips, but not too big that we would spend a fortune on gas. We contemplated a mini van but wanted something more sporty without sacrificing interior room. The Pilot is perfect for us! It's fun to drive, comfortable and looks great. I highly recommend this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Third row seating. Ample leg room. Quiet ride. Smooth handling. Impressive acceleration. Decent gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be improved/and/or introduction of a hybrid model to compete with Toyota's Hybrid Highlander Back hatch door could open a little higher so you don't have to duck when your loading/unloading cargo

Excellent Vehicle
By Bob Roseberry

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many fine cars including Infiniti, Toyota, and Mazda. This vehicle tops them all. Very comfortable in long drives, great cargo room, and room for 7 easily. Great economy for size and easy to maintain. Great power when needed and great visibility. The only negative, and it's minor, a slight blind spot when checking traffic from the right due to post angle. Other than that, I rank this SUV as best in class.

Favorite Features

Comfort and economy.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure you can redesign the post that runs from front fender to roof. Causes a slight blind spot due to angle.

Plain Jane? Maybe
By White_Pilot

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Pilot a few weeks ago after a lengthy search that included other SUVs like the Pathfinder and 4Runner. The price and the Honda name helped me to decide on the Pilot. We bought a new EX-L Pilot with leather and aftermarket navigation. We also purchased a 7x100k extended warranty. I could not be happier with the decision both financially and with the SUV itself. The Pilot runs great, gives decent gas mileage and has more room than I know what to do with. I have always been a car person but now I don't think I can go back. The exterior is somewhat plain and is by no means a head turner but the interior layout and design is excellent. I would recommend this SUV.

Favorite Features

Center console space, separate AC controls in back, folding seats, tinted windows, side airbags, moonroof, interior size.

Suggested Improvements

Auto shut off lights, better gear shifter, more horsepower, little less road noise, rear mud guards s/b standard, cupholders pop out too easily, the key seems to scratch the leather surface around the key hole a bit too much. Automatic trunk open on the key and interior. Just minor stuff.