2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Honda at its best
By Dale on 02/05/07 18:10 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far this vehicle has exceeded my expectations. My combined mileage has been 19 MPG and as advertised, 22 MPG straight out highway driving. Cabin noise level is very quiet. What little road noise there is, comes from the cheap Goodyear tires. I have read a few online reviews about "drive line vibes" but even up to 90 MPH, my Pilot is very smooth and drives very tight. We have had 2 snowfalls recently; the 4WD works great and the vehicle gets excellent traction. The Pilot drives, rides and performs much better than the Grand Cherokee, Explorer and Four Runner. These vehicles don't compare in quality either.

Steady On
By Old Guy on 02/04/07 06:25 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Zero problems after 4.5 months. Very useful storage space. Acceptable boat towing capability except for frequent shifts at highway speeds. Transmission is very smooth, and acceleration is quite good considering the tiny engine. Disappointing highway gas mileage to date has only been approximately 20 mpg. Climate control and audio systems are excellent. People comfort in the first two rows is very good. Third row is folded down for additional storage, and will never be used. Handling is okay. Brakes are easy to modulate, but panic stops require more pressure than any of my other recent vehicles. A very satisfactory but not a spectacular vehicle.

bought '07 ahead of new body style
By Go Bears on 02/03/07 20:37 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got 2k off of invoice to buy the Pilot in January. The EX-L MSRP is $33,840, the invoice was $30,530 and I paid $28,530. How can you go wrong? Great truck! The new Acura (visions of the new Pilot) doesn't really make me want to wait and buy at or near sticker. I think it is well equipped, very comfortable and as safe as any vehicle on the road. I was considering a Benz or BMW but everyone I talk to that has one says you have to sell before the warranty is up. As good as any vehicle for the money- it is a depreciating asset. I wish there were better colors. I have no idea what some others have said about a vibration at 55mph. They must need a tire balance. GREAT TRUCK BUY IT!

Love my pilot
By Greg on 02/01/07 14:14 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Pilot. I strayed from Honda with my last vehicle being a Toyota. I thought the quality were similar. I was wrong! Owned Honda's since the early 90's and never regretted it once. I feel extremely safe in my Pilot. Quiet ride although it is still a truck. Very little leaning taking corners at higher speeds. Really holds to the road. Extremely roomy and comfortable. If you are trying to decide to buy this vehicle, do it. You wont regret it.

2nd Honda in 8 months
By Rusty Love on 01/22/07 06:06 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had an 06 Accord EX-L and then bought the 07 Pilot EX-L. The engine, transmission, and 4WD system are all flawless..."Effortless engagement" are the two words that come to mind when describing these systems. The engine is silky smooth and near silent. The tranny is always in the right gear and never misses a beat. You can barely feel the tug when the rear wheels kick in. Considering the size and weight of the vehicle rides almost as nice as the Accord. Love the size and interior space, great for hauling loads of just about anything around. Could have bought any SUV manufactured by the big 3 and save thousands but still chose the Pilot. Simply put, "It's a Honda."

Our baby...
By VR on 01/18/07 12:01 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Performance, in several different facets, is near top of the line. The handling around turns for a vehicle of that size is jaw dropping to me having been previously accustomed to driving an Explorer for 6 years. I was initially somewhat skeptical that an engine displacement of "only" 3.5 L was enough to get the kick in the pants sometimes required to merge into tight traffic. Again, very impressed with the Honda VTEC engine. Its operation is very smooth, quiet and very responsive when getting into the higher RPMs thanks to the variable valve timing. It's more acceleration than I'll ever need for daily commuting. Plenty of room for passengers in three rows of seating.

!!!!!BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!
By Jim Collis on 01/15/07 20:19 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Beware before you buy a Honda Pilot. The car has lots of peep, but that is about it. After 65 mph, the front wheel shakes like crazy ( there are hundreds of complaints on the web about this). Honda cannot find the problem. We took the car there 7-8 times!!!!! Next, after a few months, smoke began pouring out of the A.C. and could not be driven. Then a few weeks ago, an electric problem stranded my wife and daughter (who was coming home from the Doctor). The next week, the same thing happened again. Finally, the gas mileage is HORRIBLE. Just as bad as my Ford Expedition. The EPA of 17/22 is not even close!!!!!

Very practical - the right choice for us
By s54 on 01/09/07 20:15 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is one heck of a value: well built, well designed and well priced. Sure, it lacks some of the "luxury" touches you find on other makes - HID, memory seats, Bluetooth, wood trim - but for us these items were not worth the extra $8k - $10 even though we can afford it. Put it in the 529 for the yutes

Smooth Drive
By Sheepless on 01/02/07 03:38 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since I first test drove this SUV in 2004 and now in 2006, what a difference! The interior is roomy and set up for everyone's comfort. I am tall and it's just perfect for all size people. I bought the 2007 model.

I Love the Pilot, yet got a major lemon.
By Sharon Kay Howard on 12/31/06 21:04 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I truly Love driving the Pilot. However, it's been back to the Dealership at least 8-10 times, for numerous problems. Seven times for the same problem. I worked for Honda as the Finance Director for 15 years,and brought in hundreds of Customers.I'm in the process of going directly to the top of Honda for help. The problems I have had,are unbelievable. I've owned 5 Honda's and Love them, my commuter has 162,000 miles, and I Love the Pilot. However, I will NOT KEEP THIS CAR. Things happen, and WOW, I have had too many problems to write about. They say they can't duplicate the problem? I have 2 major problems, and, I've had 7- 8 others, they fixed. However,the 2 Major PROBLEMS THEY CAN'T?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.