Used 2007 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

So Glad I bought a Pilot
By Perry

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'll admit, I haven't had this vehicle very long, but have driven Hondas for quite some time. The 4WD EX-L is very quiet, smooth riding, and simply a pleasure to drive. Get ready for the shock if you've been in a Civic and getting 35 mpg. Although I do get 21 mpg on the average. This ain't bad! Extemely comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

I absolutely love the hidden storage in the back. I play a lot of golf and all of my accessories, shoes, gloves, balls, towels, etc fit in there nicely. Also like the storage bin between the two front seats. Nice catch-all if you're normally driving a messy vehicle. The XM radio is great.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe small lighting on controls of steering wheel.

Great SUV
By Chris

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Pilot. We love this vehicle model. If you are shopping for a SUV, considering this vehicle is a must. Very roomy and easy to drive. Has great versatility, be it handling a cross country family vacation to hauling stuff from the local home improvement store.

Favorite Features

Flexibility of 2nd & 3rd row storage/seating, interior space is comfortable. Tire pressure monitor, side curtain air bags, and vehicle stability assist.

Suggested Improvements

Not great gas mileage, but it is an SUV so that was known going into it. Allow customers to buy NAV systems and Entertainment system in same package.

Fuel consumption won't get any better
By Nick

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own this vehicle for 8 months and have over 9000 miles on it. At first I was totally surprised at the outrageous fuel consumption, getting from 9-12 MPG in the city. The dealership and Honda customer reps kept reassuring me that it will get better as the car gets more miles. THEY LIED. THE MPG STILL SUCKS. What's worse is that there is nothing you can do about it. Car manufacturers get a lot of levity in how they advertise fuel consumption.

Fuel Consumption - Litres/100 km - mpg
By disapointedone

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been carefully monitoring and charting the fuel consumption for 2 months since I purchased the vehicle. The posted ratings on my window sticker were: City - 14.1 L/100 km (20 mi/imp-gal or 16.7 mi/us-gal) Highway - 9.7 L/100 km (29.1 mi/imp- gal or 24.2 mi/us-gal) The actual average fuel consumption for a variety of driving conditions is Actual - 16.6 Litres/100km (17 miles/imp-gal or 14.2 miles/us-gal) The best highway fuel consumption I've had from a weekend driving trip just matched the city rating shown above.

Favorite Features

Attractive exterior, quiet ride, accelerates and handles well.

Suggested Improvements

Much better fuel consumption. Given how well Honda vehicles are engineered and built, this should be an easy problem for Honda to address.

Fantastic Car
By KenVW

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my best car I have bought. I have had many cars and this is by far the most comfortable and quality SUV I have had. I also own the Odyssey and it is fantastic too. I love Honda. This is a car is extremely fun and reliable to drive. The gas mileage isn't that bad. Anyway if you are looking to buy a SUV the Pilot is the way to go!

Favorite Features

I am not sure.

Suggested Improvements

There isn't any. You can't improve it anymore.