2007 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Navigation Consumer Review - 02 Odyssey vs 07 Pilot

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

02 Odyssey vs 07 Pilot
By tmock13 on

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 02 Odyssey EXL and a 07 Pilot EXL. The family prefers the Odyssey overwhelmingly than the Pilot. The Pilot is nice when travelling alone or with the missus. The kids (I have two) constantly complains that it is too cramped and they're only three and five. The Odyssey just provides better value in terms of comfort, cargo room, and gas mileage. The Pilot is the vehicle I use to travel to work. On the weekends, it is strictly the Odyssey with the family.

Favorite Features

The navigation system and the comfortable leather seats. The controls layout on the dash. Easy to use. For some strange reason with the Pilot, you can't have DVD system coupled with the NAVI like the current Odyssey. It's a family SUV so you should have an option for both. Where's IPod and bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

This is not a 8 seat SUV as claimed. Maybe 4 seated reasonably comfortable. Useless third row seat which limits the cargo area. I always drive with the third row seats down. I wish the Pilot could be extended longer to provide my trunk space and legroom when the third row is use.