Used 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L SUV Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Excellent overall
By Brent

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Pilot EX-L 2WD used with only 24k miles on it in 2010. I just passed 100k miles and I still love this vehicle. Things I love include: 1) Reliability. Very few problems with this vehicle. Basically standard wear and tear things like tires, brakes, filters, etc. 2) Comfort. I love the airiness of the cabin. Lots of head room, shoulder space, etc. Transmission is smooth, suspension just right for me, not too tight, not too soft. Long trips are comfortable, handling is good. 3) Space. I can load this vehicle up like crazy. Great for daily things like groceries or Costco trips, and also for vacations or big item things from Home Depot or mattresses with the second and third row seats down. Also, can haul up to 8 people if necessary, but third row is best suited for children. Adults can really only ride there if short trip around town. 4) Ergonomics. Nothing fancy, don't get me wrong here. But everything is Simple and easy to understand. Buttons and knobs are well-placed and easy to operate. Storage space is good. First, second, and third row car charger plugs, etc.

Things that could be better in this vehicle: 1) Entertainment system. Basically, it's 2016, and this vehicle does not have Bluetooth or aux input. Also, the stereo sound quality is average. Nothing special there at all. 2) Road noise. Always been an issue for Honda, and this vehicle is no different.

Finally, there are issues I can't speak to, like towing and off-road capabilities, since I don't use my Pilot for these things. If I had to guess, I'd say this vehicle is average at best. Also, I live in San Diego, so I have no idea how well this vehicle performs in snow or other inclement weather. Seems perfectly fine in rain though from my experience.

In sum, this is a very reliable, spacious, comfortable vehicle that handles well. Great family vehicle, and good for hauling lots of stuff if necessary. Only minor complaints from my perspective. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a mid-sized SUV for everyday use.

good quality suv
By nj dan

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased this 07 pilot and have had no major issues other then new front rotors at 28000 miles. Great ride and very comfortable like all the cargo space. Could be better on gas, and strains a little when towing. But over all reliable and very safe love the heated seats and sun roof

comfortable ride, heated seats xm radio

more power for towing

Very Reliable!
By Gene

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never in shop for any type issue in 2 1/2 years. As 'empty nesters' have never had a need to use third row seating. Plenty of cargo space with seats in the down position. Has adequate acceleration for entering busy highways.

Quality build & reliability

At 6'3" could use an additional 2"-3" leg room. Generally have to set back rest further back to get comfortable on long drives.

What will I do when it dies?
By TEEK

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have never even been in a vehicle with better storage area that services the driver, as many cup holders for the rear, and overall family friendly design. If I were wealthy I would have bought two, so when this one wears out I would have another. There is no other vehicle you could GIVE me that I would like more. This truck fits family and professional life. It is quality inside and out. Go for it if you are considering the Pilot.

Love the driver storage. Love the heated seats. Love the dual A/C. Love the sound system. Love the versatility with the seating. Love the height. Love, love, love it all.

Road noise guys. Not severe, but you had to know this was going to be an issue to an extent. Would like the glass on the rear to open.

gas guzzler
By Lyndie Aquila

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is comfortable and has many nice luxury features. One can't go wrong with a Honda. More expensive than other suvs and the inside features are worth it. Gas mileage is very poor. Had I know this, I might had purchased the Toyota 4 Runner. If you want luxury, this is the car for you. If you want to tow or help the environment, steer clear.

3rd row folds down, climate control for front and back seats, storage space, roomy inside

I pod hookup, passenger seat should be automatic, towing capacity needs to be increased, and the most important item is fuel economy. I am not a speed demon and I get 16 MPG. Run the AC and get 14. Not good for a two wheel drive, 6 cylinder car. Very disappointed for company claiming to be green.