Used 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

good quality suv
By nj dan

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased this 07 pilot and have had no major issues other then new front rotors at 28000 miles. Great ride and very comfortable like all the cargo space. Could be better on gas, and strains a little when towing. But over all reliable and very safe love the heated seats and sun roof

comfortable ride, heated seats xm radio

more power for towing

Very Reliable!
By Gene

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never in shop for any type issue in 2 1/2 years. As 'empty nesters' have never had a need to use third row seating. Plenty of cargo space with seats in the down position. Has adequate acceleration for entering busy highways.

Quality build & reliability

At 6'3" could use an additional 2"-3" leg room. Generally have to set back rest further back to get comfortable on long drives.

What will I do when it dies?
By TEEK

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have never even been in a vehicle with better storage area that services the driver, as many cup holders for the rear, and overall family friendly design. If I were wealthy I would have bought two, so when this one wears out I would have another. There is no other vehicle you could GIVE me that I would like more. This truck fits family and professional life. It is quality inside and out. Go for it if you are considering the Pilot.

Love the driver storage. Love the heated seats. Love the dual A/C. Love the sound system. Love the versatility with the seating. Love the height. Love, love, love it all.

Road noise guys. Not severe, but you had to know this was going to be an issue to an extent. Would like the glass on the rear to open.

gas guzzler
By Lyndie Aquila

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is comfortable and has many nice luxury features. One can't go wrong with a Honda. More expensive than other suvs and the inside features are worth it. Gas mileage is very poor. Had I know this, I might had purchased the Toyota 4 Runner. If you want luxury, this is the car for you. If you want to tow or help the environment, steer clear.

3rd row folds down, climate control for front and back seats, storage space, roomy inside

I pod hookup, passenger seat should be automatic, towing capacity needs to be increased, and the most important item is fuel economy. I am not a speed demon and I get 16 MPG. Run the AC and get 14. Not good for a two wheel drive, 6 cylinder car. Very disappointed for company claiming to be green.

Great Overall Value
By Jim

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV. Roomier and better build quality than any other I test drove. Very smooth shifting and good acceleration. Quiet ride and responsive handling (considering its size). I have the 2WD version with the "ECO" feature. Seems to work as advertised (getting about 18-20 city/22-24 highway).

Plenty of storage and seating flexibility. If you have kids under 5' tall, the 3rd row seating is a must on longer trips (peace maker). The center console/storage area is great.

XM radio is horrible (why not Sirius?). The Pilot's stereo has limited channel selection/display capabilities. Need aux input plugs for iPods, etc., in front and back.