2007 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Used to love but no more
By sandy2001 on 02/18/13 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Brought my 2007 Pilot brand new. Now February 2013 with only 64,000 my spark plugs are gone and coil burned. The dealer told me it will cost $4500 to fix. I am very disappointed and upset with Honda. The technician told me they don't check spark plugs until 100,000 miles. So I would have no way on knowing that there is a problem. It give no warning. I was sitting at the traffic light when the Pilot starting shaking and making a noise as I drove off. I had to pull into a shopping center and have it towed to the dealer because I could not drive it. I have owned 4 Hondas but I think this will be my last.

Hands down the worst car I've ever driven in the snow
By mattpotvin on 12/08/11 13:01 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Pilot was great to me. Super reliable, and I only ever had one problem outside of routine maintenance, a rear HVAC blower motor went out, which was replaced under Honda Care for no charge. I selected the FWD model after getting a CPO mouse infested 4WD model from a dealer. They upgraded me to Leather and Rear Entertainment. We average under 40" of snow here, so I didn't think anything of the lack of 4WD. Until the first day I had to drive in snow. Even with Michelin Xice 2 snow tires, I couldn't make it over small bridges, crossing a single lane train track. Cars with all seasons drove right past me. I'd slide backward down the hill. Bit better w/ traction control turned off.

Great for the right person
By 2bogey on 05/12/11 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having always been a Honda guy I went with the Pilot. Pros- Seats 7, roomy, good passenger storage. The wheel wells are 4'2" apart so you can fit everything from sheetrock to golf clubs. Drives awsome in the snow and poor conditions. Overall no major mechanical problems. Cons- For the $ you can buy a vehicle with much better creature comforts. No I-Pod jack, Seats are uncomfortable, MPGs are Average for a vehicle this size. Heat went out and was $400 to fix @ 40K. If you dont need or want bells and whisles this may be a good vehicle for you.

Quality as expected
By wiltzuma on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent midsized SUV. Other than a paint imperfection on the tailgate (on it when purchased new), I have had no problems in 3 1/2 years of driving. I have the LX 4WD, and its not super quiet, maybe the EXL is better insulated. Rides through Snowbelt winters with no problem while in 2WD. The wife wanted 4WD, but I probably don't need it. Mechanically perfect so far, Nothing but reg scheduled maintenance. I get 20 MPG during my normal day to day driving.

Honda 07 Pilot
By Mike on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a well built car. No mechanical problems and comfortable to drive. Not great gas mileage but knew that going in. Can't believe the doors don't lock automatically when you drive, have to do it manually. A little extra road noise also but this is overall a sound car unlike our Dodge Grand Caravan we had previously.

Will be selling soon
By honda*not for me on 07/22/10 11:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for 3 months. I am disappointed in the gas mileage. The car has rattles all over the place that we can't pinpoint. Seats are not very comfortable for long trips. I noticed yesterday how many chips are showing up in the paint--just from normal driving conditions. I sold a Buick Rendezvous for this vehicle and I wish I had kept my Buick.

Love my honda
By sneace on 07/20/10 19:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 4 children but didn't want a mini van. Looked at every SUV and decided on this one. The 3rd row can even fit my 6'2" teenager son..

Disappointing Pilot
By MikeNC on 04/23/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The controls for the 2007 Pilot are not very well designed. It is all too easy to turn the lights on (or off) when using the turn signal. On the other side of the steering wheel the wiper control lever is easily bumped when using the gear shift lever. Highway gas mileage averages around 20 mpg, not the stated 2 4mpg. Be prepared for a bit of price shock when it's time to replace the cabin air filter. The filter can only be removed by dropping the glove box and then removing 6 screws. Changing the filter for the first time requires cutting away a plastic bar. The cost to have the dealer replace the cabin air filter is upwards of $130 for parts and labor. I would not buy another Honda Pilot.

Great
By jrsummergal on 04/06/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in December 10. I looked and looked and finally found one. I wanted white with leather and sun roof. I ended up with the navigation which I didn't really care for but it's nice to have. I wanted this car because I have 4 kids and needed the room. The cargo space is not to good for travel but we will get a carrier for the roof. I just took it to Arizona and it drove GREAT. I'm very happy. I looked at the Highlander but the Pilot seemed roomier the 3rd row seat was definitely more comfy. My 8 year old son sat in the back of both the Pilot and Highlander and definitely liked the Pilot better. We love our Pilot.

No vents for 3rd row seating
By Steller on 03/18/10 21:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not bad overall. Interior design looks good but not exactly user friendly. Honda completely forgot to vent air to the 3rd row of seating making it extremely hot for children in the summer. I say children because its not exactly designed for an adult to sit comfortably. I'm 5'11" and the shifter on the steering column hits my knee when you put it in 1st or 2nd gear which is typically not a problem unless you need to use four wheel drive. Having a difficult time reaching the potential 22 mpg as advertised for highway even though I'm slow on the accelerator and Sunday drivers often pass me. I average 18 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.