Used 2007 Honda Pilot LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Disappointing Pilot
By MikeNC

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The controls for the 2007 Pilot are not very well designed. It is all too easy to turn the lights on (or off) when using the turn signal. On the other side of the steering wheel the wiper control lever is easily bumped when using the gear shift lever. Highway gas mileage averages around 20 mpg, not the stated 2 4mpg. Be prepared for a bit of price shock when it's time to replace the cabin air filter. The filter can only be removed by dropping the glove box and then removing 6 screws. Changing the filter for the first time requires cutting away a plastic bar. The cost to have the dealer replace the cabin air filter is upwards of $130 for parts and labor. I would not buy another Honda Pilot.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, decent performance, rock-solid reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Fix controls Improve gas mileage Improve handling Make cabin air filter easier to replace Make 1st row rear seats fold flat (or make them easily removed)

Pretty Reliable
By 123abc

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the great gas mileage that the Pilot gets as we travel all over the country. I can fit comfortably many of my children's friends.

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats although we really don;t need them as much in the south. The controls on the steering wheel is a great asset. By far, the third row seats that completely fold down were the seller for me. My young daughter is already 5'10 but fits nicely in the third row seats.

Suggested Improvements

One thing that I do not like but is common is almost all cars is that the gap between the front seats and the console is very thin and I can not get things out if they drop.My car also has made a whining noise that they can't figure out what is making it.

good vehicle
By bradleyc

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned our Pilot for 8 months and have been very happy with it. We were looking for a smaller SUV that could still seat 8 people if needed. The back seats are cramped when you have 8 people or children in the car but are adequate for short trips. The acceleration is good and it has a tighter turning radius than our last vehicle (Chevy Impala) which makes it nice for parking. The fuel mileage isn't all I had hoped that it would be - about 16-18 mpg city and about 22 highway. Doesn't have automatic headlights which took some time getting used to.

Favorite Features

Sunroof (optional), xm radio, 8 person seating capacity

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage, automatic headlights

Solid Vehicle
By Nathan

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been driving this vehicle for about 6 months and have been very satisfied. My wife is the primary driver, and loves how it drives and carries our 2 children (2 and 4 years old). We previously owned a 2000 Odyssey, which may have had more interior space, but we prefer the SUV layout the Pilot provides. The fold down seats in the rear provide adequate flexibility when choosing to haul people or cargo. The fuel economy is close to, if not better than the van, however we have the variable cylinder engine. Overall this is a great alternative to the 'Mini-Van'!

Favorite Features

Ground clearance, ride height, fit and finish, seating options, center console, rear hidden storage.

Suggested Improvements

Thinner seat backs to improve leg room in second and third row seats.

Love It
By Tom H

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little worried about fuel economy, but not any more. City driving is about 17 mpg. On a trip to FL., we averaged 25 mpg. One time was 27 mpg. between fill ups. There is plenty of room. Seats are comfortable. There is more horsepower than I'll need.

Favorite Features

There are to many to list, but a few are: Maintenance Minder, takes all the guesswork out of your maintenance schedule. Front and side air bags. 3 cylinder shut down when you reach hwy. speed, giving you better than expected fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

I think the looks are a little outdated, but after a test drive I don't care.