2007 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Disappointing Pilot
By MikeNC on 04/23/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The controls for the 2007 Pilot are not very well designed. It is all too easy to turn the lights on (or off) when using the turn signal. On the other side of the steering wheel the wiper control lever is easily bumped when using the gear shift lever. Highway gas mileage averages around 20 mpg, not the stated 2 4mpg. Be prepared for a bit of price shock when it's time to replace the cabin air filter. The filter can only be removed by dropping the glove box and then removing 6 screws. Changing the filter for the first time requires cutting away a plastic bar. The cost to have the dealer replace the cabin air filter is upwards of $130 for parts and labor. I would not buy another Honda Pilot.

Pretty Reliable
By 123abc on 11/06/08 18:10 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the great gas mileage that the Pilot gets as we travel all over the country. I can fit comfortably many of my children's friends.

good vehicle
By bradleyc on 04/22/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned our Pilot for 8 months and have been very happy with it. We were looking for a smaller SUV that could still seat 8 people if needed. The back seats are cramped when you have 8 people or children in the car but are adequate for short trips. The acceleration is good and it has a tighter turning radius than our last vehicle (Chevy Impala) which makes it nice for parking. The fuel mileage isn't all I had hoped that it would be - about 16-18 mpg city and about 22 highway. Doesn't have automatic headlights which took some time getting used to.

Solid Vehicle
By Nathan on 01/21/08 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been driving this vehicle for about 6 months and have been very satisfied. My wife is the primary driver, and loves how it drives and carries our 2 children (2 and 4 years old). We previously owned a 2000 Odyssey, which may have had more interior space, but we prefer the SUV layout the Pilot provides. The fold down seats in the rear provide adequate flexibility when choosing to haul people or cargo. The fuel economy is close to, if not better than the van, however we have the variable cylinder engine. Overall this is a great alternative to the 'Mini-Van'!

Love It
By Tom H on 10/31/07 05:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little worried about fuel economy, but not any more. City driving is about 17 mpg. On a trip to FL., we averaged 25 mpg. One time was 27 mpg. between fill ups. There is plenty of room. Seats are comfortable. There is more horsepower than I'll need.

Simply, The Best
By Lew on 08/06/07 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The smoothness of the ride and quietness of the Pilot is more than we ever expected. The interior has so much room and it's exactly what we wished for, for retirement. Seats are perfect for us, handling is perfect. Fuel mileage is very good for a SUV. Vision is forever...engine is quiet...all the power needed when you ask for it...the 5 star safety rating is a tremendous selling point. We love the look of the Pilot. The controls for air conditioning and heating in the rear seat area are great. My wife and her girl friend normally use the heat while her husband and I use the air conditioning up front...no more, honey would you turn the air down, it's cold in here, lol... Thanks Honda!

Great Vehicle!
By ErinMN on 08/05/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first SUV and I couldn't be happier. We wanted a vehicle large enough for our family of four to travel comfortably on road trips, but not too big that we would spend a fortune on gas. We contemplated a mini van but wanted something more sporty without sacrificing interior room. The Pilot is perfect for us! It's fun to drive, comfortable and looks great. I highly recommend this vehicle!

Excellent Vehicle
By Bob Roseberry on 07/25/07 12:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many fine cars including Infiniti, Toyota, and Mazda. This vehicle tops them all. Very comfortable in long drives, great cargo room, and room for 7 easily. Great economy for size and easy to maintain. Great power when needed and great visibility. The only negative, and it's minor, a slight blind spot when checking traffic from the right due to post angle. Other than that, I rank this SUV as best in class.

Pilot . . . good choice!
By NR on 06/14/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First SUV and what a winner. Wanted to go cheaper and needed cargo space, so I just went with the FWD. I've had it for 2 months. Fun to drive. Step on the gas and you are flying, if need to. A little wider in the garage than I am used to. I'm reading all these reviews on the poor mileage and my ride to work, with mixed stop and go and some highway, I'm getting 20 MPG. Doesn't like the road trips with with higher speeds. Only 23 MPG, even with that ECO feature that shuts down three cylinders. Good looking vehicle.

Traded my Hybrid Civic
By Bud DeLay on 05/17/07 18:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I loved the mileage on my hybrid but I was having a hard time getting in and out and we travel alot now and needed more room. Only 2 tanks of gas through it so far, first tank combined was 20 mpg. The 2nd tank was all city and was a little over 15 mpg. I averaged over 40 with my hybrid. I love the room and the ride. Mileage is much better then the 2002 Dodge Ram 4 door pickup (6/14) I traded for the hybrid. It is quiter than the Civic and much easier to get in and out of. I feel safer driving it. I did not want 4 WD and the VCM helps with the milage. I have owned a lot of vehicals in my 60 plus years and this one is right up there with the best I have owned. Thank you Honda.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.