Very Happy owner of my pilot
By Dan on
2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I wrote a review about my Honda Pilot last year of May, and wanted to write another review again because I am still very happy with my vehicle. When I brought it the odo was reading 44,500 miles on it, and now its has 69,500 miles and its been a great vehicle with no problems nothing. Took the trip to Colorado from Texas and I was getting 26 to 29 mpg on the Highway. In town still getting 19 to 22 mpg with a little highway mix in. The best mpg was 32 and it's only happened once and the road was flat and getting tail wind coming home from Florida so it was almost 650 miles on a tank. I change the oil every 4 to 5000 miles and change the transmission fluids twice. I am planning to keep it long.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable driving on long road trips. Great gas mileage for the size of this SUV well I guess that because its a Honda. Lot of spaces. I like the bigger windows than on the CR-V because easy to see out. Very cold A/C. Good engine power in the mountains.
Suggested Improvements
There no improvement needed but I don't know about the newer models. The newer models looks too boxy and I like my better because I think its looks better on the inside and outside than the new models. I wish Honda would change the design of the new pilot because today models looks too boxy and square.