2006 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Rear Entertainment Consumer Review - Safety ratings won me over

2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic w/Rear Entertainment)

Safety ratings won me over
By GR on

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Pilot just 5 months ago with 42,000 miles on it. It lacked some of the exterior style elements of the competition, but the interior features seem to fit our lifestyle better. The determining factor was the safety rating. This vehicle won out, hands down! Lucky for me, because last week I totaled my poor Pilot. This vehicle did exactly what it was supposed to do. Protect the occupants. My car's front end was totally smashed, the hood was folded nearly as high as the roof and I was protected in the cab. Other than bruises from the restraints and air bag deployment I am fine and totally amazed. So now the painful part, finding another one.

Favorite Features

Cargo/seating flexibility, cup holders accessibility of power ports, heated seats, height, very easy to get in and out, and the view! MPG could better but not bad, we averaged about 18mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Biggest beef, towing! You have to have components added to the engine in order to tow anything! I don't recall that finding in my first research. So if you're hoping to tow the 3500 lbs the vehicle's rated for, plan on spending about $1200 to get the equipment added.