2006 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: I love it, but not a minivan r

2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

I love it, but not a minivan replacement
By baron64 on

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the '06 Pilot EXL to replace a minivan. My wife wanted 4-wheel drive capability and I was not sold on the Sienna AWD. Simply not as convenient as a minivan to haul around 3 kids and a lab. Not as much room or comfort as a minivan and the sliding doors of a minivan are a lot easier for the kids to get in and out of. Bottom line - it was a mistake to get the Pilot over a minivan, even an AWD Sienna. With that said, it is still an awesome vehicle and anyone looking for a mid- size SUV should have this as #1 on their list.

Favorite Features

Safety features; AWD; leather, heated seats. I feel very comfortable with my wife and kids in a vehicle with great safety features and the AWD/VSC have been put to the test already this winter season with great results. I feel very safe in this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic door locks, trip computer, telescopic steering wheel, auto on headlights. Road noise is pronounced. City mpg is poor (10- 14). Confuses me as to why it doesn't have automatic door locks. With 3,700 miles on it so far, I have 56% City and 44% Hwy w/ overall 16.3 mpg.