2006 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Great SUV!

2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

2006 Honda Pilot

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Great SUV!
By Labrynth on

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pros: Space, power, storage, safety.

Cons: mileage, non-optional 3rd row, non opening back glass

I bought a 2006 Pilot EX 2WD almost 1.5 months ago and have put ~ 1200 miles on it. I've done a pretty even mix of highway and city driving and a good mix with the A/C and without. When I decided I wanted to trade in my 99 Nissan Sentra I knew I wanted something that could easily haul around 2 big dogs and possibly 3. The 3 in the running ended up being the Toyota Highlander, Saturn Vue and the Pilot. To be honest after only a few miles I knew a Pilot was what I wanted. The others just didn't compare. It handles well and came with a lot of standard things other SUVs didn't have.

Tons of space and storage, enough for most people and then some. The 6-cyl engine gives you plenty of power and the economy feature is also a nice bonus. Personally I like the sound system. The STANDARD safety features were a big plus. Side impact airbags and side curtain airbags are a MUST.

I don't really have any strong dislikes. Third row seat should be optional. The back glass would be really useful if it could open independently. I've been getting 20 mpg pretty consistently. Day time running lights and upgraded rearview mirro should be standard. Seat memory would be nice.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review