Not Happy with HONDA Pilot 2006
By p_j on
2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have honda pilot 2006 with just 36000 miles and at 4100miles it starts giving me knocking noice from engine and few weeks later it stops on high way their is a big problem in engine and mechanics say they need to change the motor. I bought it because of reliability i didn't find reliability and it is a gas guzzler.
By jay2012
on 08/13/11 15:54 PM (PDT)

I forgot to put I change my oil every 4 and 5000 miles because I left the word oil out in my other comment.

By jay2012
on 08/13/11 15:52 PM (PDT)

I find this very werid that you have an engine problem so early. I own a 2006 Pilot with 94,000 miles on it and never had a problem with anything not even a little tiny problem. Its sound like the engine had lack of oil and was never check to make sure its was level right and also lack of oil change will cause engine problems. I change my every 4 to 5000 miles to keep the engine going and don't forget that transmission fluids needs to be change too. I own several Honda's in the past and very happy with it and my grandfather has owned three honda's and put over 200,000 miles on them without any serious engine problems. Maybe the mechanics are screwing up your pilot.