I love my Honda Pilot !!!
By prazb2jc on
2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased a used 2006 Honda Pilot EX, 3.5L, V6, 5-spd, 54,000 miles in 2012. My first Honda EVER after owning GM/Ford products. I researched this model in depth & found great ratings & high resale values. I also queried strangers driving Honda Pilots. None had ANY negative comments & ALL said they'd purchase a Honda again; that convinced me! It's been 2 years & my odometer reads 66,000 miles - runs like the day I bought it. Unlike my prior GMs/Fords, my Honda has never seen the inside of a repair shop - EVER. I maintain my vehicles regularly. My Honda has more than proven it's quality, value, & reliability. It's Honda for me from now till eternity!
Favorite Features
I pretty much like everything about my 2006 Honda Pilot EX. A few things do stand out & were definitely selling factors for me. The size of the window on the rear door is the largest and most strategically placed so the driver can see to back up and visualize traffic behind you. I tried several other SUV brands, but the hindrance was definitely the small size of the back door window which created huge blind spots. I love that heat/AC can be controlled by passengers for their particular row of back seats. Folding down the second row of seats is super easy. I love the split in seats as they don't ALL have to collapse together. Seat removal is a snap!
Suggested Improvements
On the front instrument panel, I wish there was a way to customize the programs in the information display and trip meter. For me, I'd like to view only the current temperature, current time, and actual odometer. Then be able to save this set as a "favorite" somewhere. Would like to see a little more "storage room" possibly under the second row of seats? Not a lot of places to store things like tools, large flashlights, medical kits, shoes/boots, snow brushes, etc.