From CR-V to Pilot
By Dan on
2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I just recently brought a Pilot and I love everything about this vehicle because of more space and comfort. I went from CRV to Pilot which was a huge upgrade. The CRV was a great small SUV but wanted something bigger for hauling things for my small business and to tow a camper trailer. It also gets great gas mileage for the sizes of the vehicle and been getting 21 and 22 mpg in town and a little highway mixed. Can't wait to drive it longer on the highway and see if it gets 26 mpg. It looks similar to the CRV but it's nicer inside and outside and it drives quiet and rides softer than the CRV.
Favorite Features
Seats are more comfortable than most cars. I like the VCM type of engine for improved fuel economy. A 5 speed auto which helps on fuel savings and most other SUV are 4 speed auto. Easy to drive and like seeing the ECO light come on to save fuel and it's letting you know not to push the gas hard.
Suggested Improvements
Really there is no improvement necessary - the 2009 pilot it pretty much the same but it looks a little different. Maybe a new 6 or 7 speed auto in the future for better gas mileage.