Disappointing Reliability (Annoying)
By rav4guy4 on
2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I got it with 50k miles for $19k in 2009. It was in mint condition with all of the service records included. I thought, "Honda?, how could I go wrong?" Well, I've learned since then that Honda SUV's aren't all they're cracked up to be. Within a year, the front headlights and parking lights inexplicably went out all at once. No warning light, no sign of a short circuit. I replaced all of them, and no issues since then. Next, the idiot light for the gas cap intermittently came on. The gas cap seems to be like new, but I guess it's just temperamental? I don't know... It's a Honda, I shouldn't be dealing with these annoying issues. Next, the rear driver's side power window doesn't work
Favorite Features
Burly ride. Lots of safety features like airbags everywhere. Innovative seatbelt positioning in rear seats. Motor has some get-up-and-go! Easy on the eyes. Lots of space!
Suggested Improvements
* Fix the quality issues!!!! * 4wd doesn't engage on the fly (weak!) * Sound system is equivalent to old Chrysler K-cars. Where is that sub-woofer it supposedly sports? * Drives a bit like a Suburban (boatlike)
By obviousrazperr
on 01/28/12 12:22 PM (PST)

I was reading through 2006 Honda Pilot reviews and noticed yours. Just curious, are you certain that the vehicle was not involved in an accident prior to you purchasing it? Just wondered cause I've often heard weird things like this happening after an accident. Depending on the accident, sometimes the car is never the same.