An Excellent vehicle
By jay2012 on
2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I brought my pilot used with 45,000 miles on it back in May of 2009. Its been a very good suv and very proud of my pilot. I wrote an review about my pilot before and wanted to write another review. Its has almost 103,000 miles on it with no issue at all. The check engine light has came on two times before and found out that there was some water in the fuel from the gas station but did not cause any harm to engine but made the engine misfire and did not feel the misfire. I always change the oil every 5000 miles using the best oil. I change the transmission fluids every 10 to 15,000 miles and other services needed and its pretty cheap services needed. Good gas mileages for the size of suv.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable on long road trip and always getting close to 30 mpg if driving 60 to 65 mph. I get 23 mpg for driving 80 mph and never again drive 80 mph so back to lower speed for better mpg. In town I get 19 to 22 mpg. That really good for an suv because a chevy tahoe gets about 13 and 14 mpg in town. Very easy to services myself. I brought a honda civic SI wheels and tires to put on my Pilot and it made it look very cool with those SI wheels. New tires makes the different because its smoother and drives better. I like the space for carry things you need for long road trip. The AC is always cold and never had a problem with AC. Well I like everything about my Pilot.
Suggested Improvements
I wish the company of Honda put better alloy wheels and tires on Honda vehicle because I never really like the alloy wheels they put on the LX and the EX wheels looks ok, but when I put the Civic SI wheels on the pilot boy it made a big different and its looks much better with a 17 inch alloy wheels instead of 16 inch and its did not made my gas mileage drop. Honda needs to make alloy wheels standard for all Honda and no more steel wheels or hupcaps. Other than that I love my pilot and plans to keep it very long time.
By jay2012
on 03/27/13 00:14 AM (PDT)

As of today date 3/27/2013 I have 121,000 miles on my 2006 Honda pilot. It been a great vehicle and still getting the same mpg as always. I did had one little problem for the first time a few thousand miles ago it's was the exhaust pipe right on the engine that trap pollution and to keep the air clean went bad but it's wasn't a big deal it's was less than 400 dollars to replace bad part. Other than that it's been a good vehicle. Still very happy with my pilot because it's always runs good. I moved to Colorado from Texas and its front wheel drive and works pretty good in snow and ice but not great. Planning to move to Oregon soon and I will keep its until it's died.