2006 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - About as perfect an SUV

2006 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

About as perfect an SUV as you can get
By Timus on

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Pilot 2006 AWD for about 4 months now. It replaced a Nissan Titan so I'm not as squeamish about the mileage as others are. To me the mileage is pretty good and I drive 80 miles a day round trip and fill up about once a week on average. I was buying a half tank a day in the Titan!!! I have a family of 6 so we need the room and the third row is a necessity. Everyone who rides in it is surprised by how roomy it is inside. It's all Dr. Who Tardisy in there. Way bigger inside than it looks on the outside.

Favorite Features

AWD, VSC. One day I pulled out into a four lane and there was a car coming but in the farthest lane. When I pulled out she jumped over into the lane that I was pulling into. It was raining. My tires spun for a sec and then the VSC kicked in and I shot off like a rocket. I was very impressed!!

Suggested Improvements

I would say the ho hum appearance of the interior but I guess Honda does the utilitarian thing and you just have to deal with it. It grows on you. And besides do you really need to feel like you're in your living room when you drive?